Shooter, injuries reported at Fort Hood

SAN ANTONIO — Fort Hood officials confirmed that a shooting took place on the post this afternoon, but no details were available.
Post spokesman, Master Sgt. Jacob Caldwell, said he didn’t know whether there were one or more shooters involved.
He couldn’t say if anyone had been killed or wounded.
“I haven’t been notified of that yet,” he said.
KCEN-TV in Waco is reporting “multiple injuries” and at least one patient being transported to a hospital.
The TV affiliate reported the shooter was in Building 33026, which is the Medical Brigade Building.

chron.com/news/local/article/Shooter-injuries-reported-at-Fort-Hood-5371480.php?cmpid=bna

[LEFT]Bell County Sheriff’s Office says Fort Hood reports 'active shooter;" sending deputies to help.[/LEFT]

From yesterday regarding planned attack

foxnews.com/us/2014/04/01/military-hunts-one-time-recruit-planning-ft-hood-style-jihad/

The FBI is searching for a recent Army recruit believed to be planning a “Fort Hood-inspired jihad against U.S. soldiers,” FoxNews.com has learned.

The alert, whose legitimacy was confirmed by military and law enforcement officials, stated that a man identified as Booker had told friends of his “intention to commit jihad.” Booker, who is also known as Muhammad Abdullah Hassan, was recruited by the U.S. Army in Kansas City, Mo., in February 2014 and was scheduled to report for basic training on April 7. But he was discharged last week, apparently after law enforcement authorities learned of his alleged plan.

Both the FBI and the 902d Military Intelligence Group at Fort Leavenworth are involved in the hunt.

The alert, a copy of which was obtained by FoxNews.com, was sent out by the FBI’s Kansas City Division on Friday and distributed through the U.S. Marine Corps. The portion obtained by FoxNews.com did not include Hassan’s photo or age. It was also sent to the Kansas City Police Department, which could indicate authorities believe he may have remained in the area where he was recruited.

The alert is titled, “Planned Fort Hood-inspired Jihad against US Soldiers by Army Recruit” and was issued “to inform and protect officers who may encounter this individual or others exhibiting the same aspirations.” The source of the information contained in the alert was listed as “An FBI agent.”

Wonder if this guy, they were looking for, is the shooter

I’m in Texas and local news is reporting the base on lockdown and the shooter still at large.

I talked to my husband, on his way home from work. He has friends that are working at Ft Hood. I’m hoping they are ok. He’s trying to call and see if they answer their phones or not.

They say that guy was supposedly in Kansas and they don’t think it is related, but we are sure to find out.

I’m in Texas and local news is reporting the base on lockdown and the shooter still at large.

1 reported death

More local news

kwtx.com/home/headlines/Active-Shooter-Situation-Reported-At-Fort-Hood-253635771.html

A man who said he was a witness told News 10 that about 20 shots were fired in a post motor pool in the area of Motor Pool Road and Tank Destroyer Boulevard.

He said at least three people were hit.

He said the three victims were taken to a hospital.

The post was on lockdown as a result of the shooting, which occurred at around 4:25 p.m.

My husband said no one answered their phone, but his friends shouldn’t have been near the motor pool so we are assuming they are fine.

Ugh… Haven’t they had enough at Ft. Hood? Prayers for Ft. Hood and the 1st Cavalry Division that is based there.

The shooter is still at large and believed to be inside the post’s Medical Brigade Building, according to reports.

nydailynews.com/news/crime/shooting-reported-fort-hood-military-post-texas-article-1.1743544

:gopray:

local news saying 2 shooters now. One is in custody the other is still at large. And at least 8 injured and 1 dead.

[LEFT]BREAKING: Shooter in Ft. Hood is dead, law enforcement officials confirm from a self inflicted wound.

[LEFT]BREAKING: Senior defense official: 1 dead, 14 injured in Fort Hood shooting.[/LEFT][/LEFT]

1st CAV is reporting: [LEFT]Fort Hood’s DES has an initial report that a shooter is dead but this is unconfirmed.

[LEFT]Pentagon sources, confirms Fort Hood shooter is a soldier[/LEFT]
[LEFT][/LEFT] [/LEFT]

[LEFT]House Homeland Security Chair Michael McCaul tells CNN, based on briefings he received, 4 killed, including shooter, in Ft. Hood shooting.[/LEFT]

Deja vu all over again. Prayers for all those involved and their families, particularly the injured and slain.

Shooting at military installations seems like a common occurrence. There was one at NAS Norfolk last week.

Praying for the repose of the souls of the deceased & praying for all injured & affected by this horrific act of violence.

Like all gun free zones, bases are an easy target.

Questions. Why did national fox news break regular programming and announce shooter’s name but an hour later when local fox station aired ft.hood’s live press release base official said name would be disclosed when next of kin notified. Obama spoke during regular programming too, and would not look into the camera and was walking and pacing during talk and said we will get to the bottom of this quickly? Now a mentally unstable man is dead and can not tell us what really happened. Lots of misinformation like base official saying shooter had a nine millimeter then saying it was a glock and the reporter catching him in his error.

For me its propaganda for disarming the populace, an orchestrated event to do away with our right to bear arms. Our g’ vment is attacking its own people and eroding our freedoms. This is not the first time, nor will it be the last.

How could things like this ever happen unless Satan has these types murderers under a strong spell? Instead, everybody focuses on mental health.

LOVE! :slight_smile:

I have a question that maybe somebody can answer. It seems pretty mean-spirited to give somebody only 24 hours for the death of their mother. Why would the army do that? I mean, the guy wasn’t in the middle of combat. Is that a normal thing?

Arlequin said that the death of his mother five months ago, and the death of his grandfather a few weeks before that, affected him deeply. He noted that, initially, Lopez was not allowed to travel to Puerto Rico to attend his mother’s funeral and eventually the Army gave him 24 hours to attend. He arrived on the island five days after her death.

“He came to Puerto Rico when his mother died and he had limited time, they didn’t give him the time he wanted,” he said. “That apparently affected him, upset him – the fact he could not spend more time with his mom in her last days for having been in the army.”

latino.foxnews.com/latino/news/2014/04/03/alleged-fort-hood-shooter-rampage-could-have-been-triggered-by-deaths-in-family/

Different protocols. The army protocol is not to announce any soldier’s death until the next of kin are notified. Fox News doesn’t have that protocol. The army tried to keep gossip to the minimum and ordered all soldiers at Ft. Hood last night to turn off their cell phones. But realize they can’t order soldiers’ family members or other civilians who live on base to keep quiet.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.