Shooting in New Zealand

Dear Friends,

Today, my country, New Zealand, experienced the largest shooting in the history of the country. A shooter entered a mosque, killing 40 people. This took place around 6 hours ago. My bishop, Cardinal John Dew, has announced his prayers and offered condolences. Please pray for our Muslim brothers and sisters. The perpetrator is a right wing white supremacist extremist. Please pray for heeling of the victims. I hope the Holy Father will issue a statement. Oh Lord, lead the way.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, prayer for us sinners now and at the hour of our death.

In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti,

Amen

Forever Yours in Christ

The sad reality is that I fear that like minded Islamic extremist will see this as an opportunity to probably see to kill innocent non Muslims as a sort of pay back.

I think that these events always remind of how blessed with are with the coming of Christ. The grace, mercy and goodness that He and His Church alone have taught and imparted to us, is beyond comprehension.

Ohh…:slightly_frowning_face:So sorry to hear such terrible tragedy OP,definetly praying.

Mary , our loving Mother , your children are weeping .

You weep with them .

Take those killed by violence into the embrace of our loving Father .

Be a comfort to those who mourn .

Pray that men of violence may turn to the way of peace , the way of your beloved Son , the Prince of Peace .

Pray for mercy on us all .

Oh now 49 people have been killed and 48 in emergency care. A very sad day for New Zealand.

Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord,
and let perpetual light shine upon them.
May they rest in peace.

Amen.

Somehow I feel ashamed and guilty that the ringleader is an Australian. NZ is like our family. Like the iconic ‘slice of heaven’ in our neck of the woods. I feel compelled to apologise for this characters horrific deeds.

Prayers for New Zealand. :cry:

I will offer a Rosary for these innocent people and for the country of New Zealand as awhole.
What a sad day!
:pray::pray::pray::pray:

I wish St John Paul II was here to condemn this awful event. I feel close to him in situations like this. The shooting is already front page news on the Vatican News.va website. I hope the Holy Father issues a statement.

God Bless

I have just got home from Eucharistic Adoration and Mass .

The dead and suffering in New Zealand were in my prayer .

God bless the people of New Zealand .

A terrible thing. Prayers for the dead. :dove:

What a terrible waste of human life. It’s unfathomable why people commit such atrocities
:frowning: Prayers for the dead and injured

Not really the time for this bud. I agree with you, but there’s another place for this discussion than this thread.

I’m quoting the OP

I understand. But they’re a local who is emotionally close to the situation. No need to bring up the media’s narratives now. Start a separate thread for that discussion.

OP brought up media narrative. I quoted it. Your gripe is with OP

Time and place, dude.

It’s called having a little bit of couth and choosing an appropriate time to engage certain things. This is not the time or place.

Please just stop.

I note that there is a prayer thread (actually two) going in Prayer Intentions for those who wish to continue to pray without having to read discussion on the subject.

Prayers in reaction to mosque shooting

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.