Shooting reported at San Diego's Naval Medical Center

(CNN)Gunfire has been reported at the Naval Medical Center San Diego, a center spokesman said Tuesday morning.

Three gunshots were said to have been fired in the basement of the center’s Building 26 at about 8 a.m. PT (11 a.m. ET), spokesman Mike Alvarez said
Alvarez said the incident is being treated as if it’s an active shooter situation.

cnn.com/2016/01/26/us/san-diego-naval-medical-center-shooting/index.html

Let’s pray for a peaceful end to this situation.

Apparently the reports were unfounded. A search found no evidence of any shots being fired.

sandiegouniontribune.com/news/2016/jan/26/active-shooter-naval-hospital/

Well, that is certainly a good thing! I did read that they are continuing to search the building though but they’re not too worried. I have a feeling that all is just fine.

Well you get a building full of guys with PTSD and other post battle injuries, add in a touch of the current paranoia to report anything and everything and it’s not hard to see how something like this happens.

I was thinking the same thing.

False Alarm

navytimes.com/story/breaking-news/2016/01/26/shooter-reported-naval-medical-center-san-diego/79346520/

I used to eat lunch in that building when I went to school there! Of course all that really happened is they created a traffic jam… It was only slightly annoying, so that’s good news!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.