Short Article attack on Rick Warren's "Purpose Driven Life"

Provocative 1and 1/2 page attack on Rick Warren’s purpose driven life showing, according to scripture, God is not omniscient. It’s at www.caseagainstfaith.com and it’s called “The Purpose Driven Lie,” - it’s under the ‘submissions’ section

I believe you are mistaken. According to scripture God is omniscient. See below (emphasis added by myself):

We will know by this that we are of the truth, and will assure our heart before Him in whatever our heart condemns us; for God is greater than our heart and knows all things. - 1 John 3:19-20

Do you know how the clouds hang poised, those wonders of him who is perfect in knowledge? - Job 37:16

You know when I sit down and when I rise up;
You understand my thought from afar.
You scrutinize my path and my lying down,
And are intimately acquainted with all my ways.
Even before there is a word on my tongue,
Behold, O LORD, You know it all.
You have enclosed me behind and before,
And laid Your hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
It is too high, I cannot attain to it. - Psalm 139:26

Great is our Lord and abundant in strength;
His understanding is infinite. - Psalm 147:5

What a silly, predictable article - demonstrating once again that atheists read Scripture with the same ignorant literalism as the most rabid Fundamentalist. :yawn:

Wow, if you think that is provacative, you’ve seen nothing yet. Welcome hermeneuticalgirl. I hope you will browse around here to your heart’s content,
If you have come to find the one true faith, you’ve found it. Do not be misled by
any unChristlike behavior you may see, we are all on a road. You can argue to
your heart’s content here, there are moderators.

I have read this book, and it has a true thing right at the beginning. It says,
“It’s not about you. It never was.”

It only seems like God just decided that with Job. Really, He already knew.
This story is for the benefit of us all, who have the burning, unanswerable question:
why do the innocent suffer? There are reasons, we just don’t know, but God knows
them all. He doesn’t promise us a life without suffering - He just promises that He
will be with us.

Blessings on your faith walk, hermeneuticalgirl…

Wow. It is questionable if you can find any scholarship on that site with a microscope.

Just a quick look around makes you just sigh. Was there a real Jesus? How can anyone know the gospels are true if they aren’t eyewitness accounts (citing the opening of Luke’s gospel)? Because there was confusion over Greek language descriptive terms in Scripture being confused with Greek philosophical terminology: We can’t know the real meaning of any Scriptures written in Greek. :rolleyes:

But the most amusing:

No one can remember exact quotes 20 years after an event, let alone 30 years or more.

Hmmm. FDR Dec 7, 1941: “Today is a day that will live…” JKF Jan 1961: “Ask not what your country can do for you,…”

I’d bet they will certainly remember the “Judge not lest you be judged” quote made a couple thousand years ago without any question whatsoever were anyone to judge them in any way.:stuck_out_tongue:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.