Short history of Christianity

Hi all. I was wondering if anybody here has read a book called A Short History of Christianity by Martin Marty. My boyfriend, who is not a Catholic, is reading it in a history of Christianity class and I was just seeing what anybody thought of his portrayal of the early church. THanks for any responses!! God Bless you all :slight_smile:

[quote=lissabears]Hi all. I was wondering if anybody here has read a book called A Short History of Christianity by Martin Marty. My boyfriend, who is not a Catholic, is reading it in a history of Christianity class and I was just seeing what anybody thought of his portrayal of the early church. THanks for any responses!! God Bless you all :slight_smile:
[/quote]

I haven’t heard of the book. Can you provide a link? Thanks.

This is one of the few things I can find online about it. I hope this is what you meant!
booksofthebible.com/p1039.html
I did find out that the author is part of the National Catholic Historical Association through Catholic University of America but is not Catholic, instead he is Lutheran. hmm… :confused:

Marty is a very well-respected church historian, but definitely in the mainline/liberal camp. So I’m sure the book is worth reading, but you won’t find an orthodox Catholic perspective, if that’s what you are looking for.

Edwin

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.