Should apostates of Islam be killed??

Ummah.com is one of the foremost Muslim discussion boards on the internet.

Let’s see how this continues to play out… :coffeeread:

ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121740

So far the murderers are winning. Gee, who would have thunk it?

hola

i very briefly posted on that forum! my posts are as “oceano” in the anonymous board and umbrae on the regular board… they never talked about this issue at all but i see some of the same members who promised violence is not part of islam voting for yes… one is actually an apostate to islam…

this is very disturbing…

Dominus Vobiscum

And, of course, an internet poll always is a scientifically random sample of any population.:rolleyes:

If you have a better idea, let’s hear it.

I can just see a scientific poll being taken: “Good afternoon, I would like to ask you a few questions. Question one, is it permissible to kill apostates…” I can see the “outraged” Muslim response already.

I have an idea. Go to the local mosque, meet some Muslims, and ask their opinion.

I’ve done this!! Like I’ve said before, all they do is deny all the doctrines that they think you will find offensive. Any proof you have from the Quran or hadiths is immediately dismissed as “out of context” but they never actually explain the context. They never explain the reasoning behind parroting phrases like “Islam is a peaceful religion”… they just figure if they repeat it enough times you will start to believe it no matter what.

This is why it’s better to see how they talk amongst themselves. I know it’s hard to believe for some of you, but cult members really are more open about their own beliefs amongst their own than with outsiders.

I have had them admit they would kill apostates. I had one who said he would kill his own brother if he converted to Christianity. He said he was a moderate.

They seem to be more open on the internet, though… I guess that stands to reason. Was this guy who told you face-to-face?

One was. The other was on the net.

Wait I’m confused… If someone was a Muslim apostate, why would they have voted “yes”?

Ali Sina of FFI reported that he once got an email from a distraught American mother who’s son, who had become a Muslim, told her that if he were given the order to do so, he would not hesitate to kill her!

This if chilling folks!

Vickie

hola

the person was an apostate from christianity to islam…

Dominus Vobiscum

That board is very instructive. Nice western muslims calmly discussing how best to murder those who convert to Christianity. And calling those who disagree either kaffirs or ethnocentric. It is good to see what they really want to do to us if they get the chance.

:eek: :eek:

That’s…that’s…UGH!

HOW can people still defend Islam? HOW!!! Fox News is right…there’s no such thing as peace in that ‘religion’.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

I sometimes think that when many Muslims say “Islam is a religion of peace” they actually mean “Islam will bring peace by killing off all of our opponents.” No opponents equal zero conflict which means peace. That is warped, I know, but that seems to be the mission of many Jihadists.

Okay, that explains it. Thanks.

Can’t say I’m surprised though, as many times the newer converts to Islam are among the most zealous and gullable. That is, the ones who don’t come to their senses and leave Islam soon after they joined it…

Wow.

And I thought “Would you like to live in a Catholic Theocracy?” was scary…

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.