Should Christians support Palestine?

Christians should not be supporting Palestine especially since its not a nation but a fiction in the minds of Arab-Islamic seperatists/terrorists who want not only Muslim control over Jerusalem but Muslim domination over non Muslims.

In fact, when former Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Barak from the left-leaning Labour-led government offered to return all the land known as Occupied Palestine Territory (OPT) which comprise of West Bank, Gaza Strip and East Jerusalem, the Arab-Islamic leader the late Yassir Arafat refused the generous 2-state solution, one Jewish and one Arab. He demanded right of return of millions of Muslim “refugees” to Israel proper. These so-called “refugees” are purposely used by Muslim countries that host them as an open sore to blame Israel and the West. Why don’t Saudi Arabia which hosts many so-called “refugees” assimilate them?

Arabs/Muslims actually want domination over all cultures and will never be satisfied until Israel and the kaafir is no more. If Israel is accused of being a “racist” state, then what about Arab Egypt’s racism towards ethnic Copts? What about Arab Palestine’s racism towards ethnic Greek/Melkites, ethnic Syriacs and ethnic Jews?

Look how Christians suffer persecution in the hands of the 22 Arab Islamic States? Anyone who did honest history study will know North Africans are not Arabs but Arabised due to Islamisation. The same for the Middle East which was Aramaic-speaking region which was forced converted to Islam through Arabisation and Jizyah and Kharaj.

If Muslims want an independent Palestine State, they should first grant equal rights to ALL religions and make it easier to register a religious organisation and also easier to share the Gospel with Muslims. Christians should not be imprisoned in jail for trying to convert Muslims, nor should ex-Muslims be punished.

I do not support Palestine/Arabism and I am firmly for Israel/Zionism because of strategic reasons. However, I am aware of the need to convert Muslims to Christ our God to bring lasting Middle Eastern peace.

Well, bear in mind that not all Palestinians are part of Hamas or Fatah.

In fact, what few Christians there are in Israel are almost all Palestinians. They suffer right along with the bad guys.

Just something to think about.

Agree with this post 1000%.

Ive been to Jordan a few years ago and vistied one of those refugee camps in Amman. The living conditions are terrible. The greatest mystery is the way the Jordanian government treats those Plaestinians some of whihc were there since 1967, so theres already a 2nd and 3rd generation of “refugees”, it`s really unbeliveable. I asked them what do they think of their muslim brothers from Sauda Arabia and the Emirates who seem to be very busy building the tallest buildings and biggest shopping malls in the world (laughable, like little children) and they said they dont even consider them to be real muslims, they were all “sold out” to the Americans etc. etc. The majority of them are hard core fanatics, I met some young people who saluted me with Hitler-Gruss (raised hand), kids who have neve even left Amman but they were full of hatred, Hitler admiration and phantisizing about the day when they will push the “pigs and apes” in the sea and take over their land.

Terrible experience. The weirdest thing was those people were very nice and friendly, but there is so much hate in them that only God Himself can cure them, nobody else. :frowning:

Absolutely not - Israel is still God’s chosen nation. The Arab states conspire to keep the Levantine Arabs in this terrible state, and they must take some responsibility - instead it is used as an excuse for the agenda of destroying Israel (not that they can succeed).

If it were simple enough to solve in a forum thread, we’d have been done with it rather a long time ago! Hatred and injustice are to be decried wherever they are found, and I see plenty on BOTH sides of this problem.

In the final analysis though, I tend to agree that Islam and Middle East culture is, in its current form, totally unable to exist peacefully with a large population of neighbors who hold to a contradictory religious worldview. Israel may be guilty of a long laundry list of atrocities in the conflict, but in the final analysis she is not the origin of it. The origin is the fundamental xenophobia of the muslim population of Palestine and their inability to deal with the concept of large numbers of (initially peaceful) Jewish immigrants to their region.

Palestine in the late 40’s is really quite similar to the Hispanic immigration to the US today. Whites in the US are quite alarmed, and some upheaval IS going to occur. But nothing like the Israel/Palestinian situation. The difference in reactions is ALL about the difference between Islam and the residue of christianity in US culture.

There is certainly enough blame to go around. Killing people on buses cannot be justified.

But anyone who has an opinion on the roots of this conflict should be sure that their position includes an understanding of what life was like for Palestinians before 1945-1950 and what life was like after this time period.

Go back further than 1945. Jewish immigration back to Palestine started around the turn of the century. WWII just fast forwarded it. Make sure you learn about Haj Amin al Husseini, Grand Mufti of Jerusalem. Quite revealing.

I agree that one should consider all points of view.

This situation is so complex that any attempts to proclaim a good guy and a bad guy are necessarily reductionist.

Israel was nothing more than a fiction in the mind of Jewish people for centuries until it’s creation after WWII, and not all Jewish people. Many Jewish leaders of the early 20th century were firmly against the creation of a Jewish state as “imperialism” that was “in direct violation of the beliefs of Judaism”. Many of the early leaders of the Israeli state were also responsible for acts of terrorism. There are two sides to every story, including this one.

This is a common misconception. God does not have a chosen “nation”. He has a chosen people and at the time those words were first uttered there was not merely one Jewish people nor one “Israel”. I have struggled with this misconception for some time because, as a Catholic, I have a real problem with referring to a people who do not accept the son of God and who follow teachings passed down from the Pharisees, as God’s chosen people. We all know how Jesus felt about the Pharisees. The modern State of Israel has pretty much nothing to do with the Jews who followed the son of God and you would have a very hard time convincing me that they are God’s “chosen nation”.

Agreed, God has no chosen nation…He has a People…the true Israel of God is not defined by blood but by faith in Christ.

You have articulated it perfectly.

Partially agreed. Nobody gets a pure white cowboy hat to wear. But I think moral equivalence is just as unfair. The fairest soundbite might be: “one side has been bad, the other side has been worse.”

I don’t agree that Jews no longer hold any sort of special status. The very fact that the devil so consistently tries so hard to stamp them out argues against the very idea. If they had reverted to no different than any other human in status, then they’d not be treated differently. But I do agree that post-messiah, the REAL Israel is the Church.

The desire of the Muslims living in this region to have an independant state is not a fiction, nor is it unreasonable. If this is your arguement than Israel need to pack up and leave as well, it’s also a modern creation populated by a group of Jews with little or no ethnic ties to the ancient state of Israel.

In fact, when former Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Barak from the left-leaning Labour-led government offered to return all the land known as Occupied Palestine Territory (OPT) which comprise of West Bank, Gaza Strip and East Jerusalem, the Arab-Islamic leader the late Yassir Arafat refused the generous 2-state solution, one Jewish and one Arab. He demanded right of return of millions of Muslim “refugees” to Israel proper. These so-called “refugees” are purposely used by Muslim countries that host them as an open sore to blame Israel and the West. Why don’t Saudi Arabia which hosts many so-called “refugees” assimilate them?

This is as stupid as saying that because the US and the UK refused to take Germany’s Jews they are to blame for the holocaust.

Arabs/Muslims actually want domination over all cultures and will never be satisfied until Israel and the kaafir is no more. If Israel is accused of being a “racist” state, then what about Arab Egypt’s racism towards ethnic Copts? What about Arab Palestine’s racism towards ethnic Greek/Melkites, ethnic Syriacs and ethnic Jews?

Israel is a racist state because it enforces an aparthied based on race. Very very few Jews in Israel are religious, in fact Israel as the largest percentage of people that self identify as atheists in the world. While the Muslims most certainly continue (as Muslims have always done everywhere they’ve ruled) to oppress religious minorities it is a religious issue and not a racial one.

I do not support Palestine/Arabism and I am firmly for Israel/Zionism because of strategic reasons. However, I am aware of the need to convert Muslims to Christ our God to bring lasting Middle Eastern peace.

Zionism is nothing but Nazism for Jews, there certainly can be no lasting peace with that sort of state in any region.

Exactly! To limit God to a geographic location is well…just plain daft! If God could seperate his PEOPLE Israel from the Egyptians for the 10th plague, how come we can’t recognize that God’s people Israel were also the first that Jesus and his diciples offered the New Covenant to? It is only after some (Pharisees and Sadducces) rejected him that he offered the New Covenant to the Gentiles too. What was he offering here? It sure wasn’t real estate here on earth. It was to be his chosen people! That my dear friends is not a geographic location on this planet. We are called to be children of the Father, brethern with Christ, to be a part of a spiritual family. To have Christ reign as our high priest for all times. Look back at every interaction God has with “his people.” First they have to accept his authority, then obedience with faith… it is about being a member of the family not the citizen of a nation.

CCM,

I don’t follow your logic. You recognize the fact that majority muslim cultures oppress the religious minorities who live there, but its OK because it is religious, no racial?? Then you object to Israel’s refusal to allow refugees to return when the obvious reason for the policy is to avoid having Israel become a majority muslim nation where Jews would be violently oppressed!?! What other means do they have to ensure their own freedom against the dhimmi status that would be the BEST they could ever hope for if they did what YOU want and allow all refugees to return?

I won’t defend some of the individual tactics employed by Israel and many policy decisions over the years. But the general policy of refusal to allow return to those who evacuated in anticipation of victorious arab armies crushing the Zionists (which somehow never happened) seems like survival necessity to me.

You do not know that it is the Devil trying to “stamp them out”. It may just be evil people trying to get rid of them and they are far from the only people who endure adversity and occaisional slaughter.

Murtad wrote:

Christians should not be supporting Palestine especially since its not a nation but a fiction in the minds of Arab-Islamic seperatists/terrorists who want not only Muslim control over Jerusalem but Muslim domination over non Muslims.

Nice retoric, a person after my own heart, but what do you believe? :slight_smile:

It was through the Jews that all the world would be blessed…it was through the Jews that mankind would see salvation…“in the last days I will pour out my Spirit up all flesh…”…through Christ we have been grafted into the covenant…we who have put on Christ are the true circumcision…the circumcision of the heart…He has called His people from every nation, kindred, tongue and people…TO BE THE PEOPLE OF GOD…a holy nation a royal priesthood…no longer would God’d people be bound by geographic location…but citizens of the City who’s Builder and Maker is God.

Palestinian Christians suffer at the hands of Jews as well as Muslims…yet the voices decrying the atrocities to our brethren by Jews are strangely absent.

Palestinian Christians suffer at the hands of Jews as well as Muslims…yet the voices decrying the atrocities to our brethren by Jews are strangely absent.

I absolutely agree with you, and mentioned it early in the thread, but it was ignored.

Palestinian Christians are among the most oppressed people on earth. We need to support our brother and sisters in Christ, firstly, or be considered worse than infidels.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.