Should I ask to enter the Church this Easter?

I am currently in RCIA. I just finished “inquiry” with next Sunday being the Rite of Acceptance. I was baptized as an infant in the Lutheran Church and made my Confirmation there as well. I have been involved with a non-denominational church for the past 15 yrs. I was active in that church and taught adult Bible Study and was involved with children’s ministry.
I became frustrated with Protestantism, seeing holes in the theology of “sola scriptura” and “sola fide”. After about 4 yrs of struggling with this, reading church history and eventually the early church fathers, I came to believe that the Catholic Church was and is “the Church” that Jesus instituted. I have been studying Catholicism on my own for about a year and a half and am ready to fully embrace the Catholic Church and all that it teaches.
The process of RCIA at my parish is to go through the entire liturgical year before being Confirmed and recieving the Eucharist. Would it be appropriate for me to petition the priest at my parish, to allow me to enter “this” Easter Vigil instead of waiting until Easter Vigil 2008? I need the strength the sacraments provide. Thank you!

Hi Francis,

Have him quiz you on the faith so he can see that you really are prepared. It’s worth a shot. The worst he can do is say no. I will keep this in my prayers.

Fr/ Vincent Serpa, O.P.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.