Should I be paying closer attention?

The thing is, I've always been pretty devout. And I believe that it is the duty of every Catholic male to consider a vocation to the priesthood or religious life. And I have, and really at this point, I could really go either way, I'm pretty much 50/50 marriage and the priesthood.

So anyways, my parish priest has always been close to my family up until he left to become our auxiliary bishop when I was in 3rd grade. And after that we haven't had much communication with him much. But whenever we would go to confirmations where he is the confirming bishop, he would come give us hugs and remember us even if he hadn't seen us since we were little. He has kept in touch recently now that my mother is ill. A few months after she first got ill he called to see how we were doing. A few weeks later he sent me a booklet in the mail about the priesthood (although it was in Spanish, I read Spanish). I haven't had the time to read it yet, but plan on doing it soon (it's called, 'A Priest in the Family'). So he pretty much believes I have a vocation.

Then at my school there is a nun I'm close to and she told me my freshman year after a conversation that she believes that I have a vocation to the priesthood.

So here's my question, If a bishop and a nun tell you that they think you have a vocation, should you be praying and paying closer attention to see if you really do have a vocation?

Thanks. God bless.

Yes, I would say so.

But remember- they cannot see inside your head. They are judging based on what they see of you.

Think about this long and hard. Read that booklet and pray- pray A LOT. This is a very important decision, and you need to be heavily considering both sides. Pray, pray, pray!

:gopray:

You can begin to study for the priesthood and then leave if it's not your vocation,
but you con't do the same with marriage...Whether or not marriage is your vocation, undertake it and you have to continue even if your vocation was in fact priesthood.

There's currently another thread pondering more or less the same issue..
forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=485103

I wrote to the auxiliary bishop on Monday telling him everything in my heart about my vocation and future, as well as the role he played in my vocation, and I just got a wonderful response back today assuring my to continue. It was a beautiful letter. It's good to know that there are people like him in the clergy. I just find it amazing that an auxiliary bishop would take the time to write back to teenager who was only 8 when he left the parish. Let alone reply so quickly!

I find this very encouraging to me.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.