Should I confess this?

I have a few questions about sin/Confession.
1- smoking pot is a sin, right?
2- condoning a sin is a sin, right?

I found out that my friend smokes pot and one of the things I said was, "with everything that’s going on in your life, I don’t really blame you [for wanting an escape]"
Would this count as condoning?

Would I have to confess this? Sorry if I’m just being scrupulous. Oh, and since I do tend to be sort of scrupulous, are you just going to tell me to ask a priest?

Bring it to your confessor....:) he can direct you.

I see no sin committed there, it is not like you said that what he is doing is a good thing. Though if he does see it as if you are condoning it then he would have to dig a little into what you said. In the end talk with your confessor.

Yes, what you said was a sin on your behalf. Look up the nine ways of being an accessory to another’s sin. I deal with this all the time in m profession because I work with people who break the laws, and live very immoral lives. Even if what they do is immoral, but not under my direct authority over them, I am still not permitted to condone, approve, remain silent, etc. My confessor has told me that I must re-direct their sinful behavior to something not sinful.

A good confessor will walk you through what you may be quetioning in your mind. Scrupulosity is not find and can be dealt with in the confessional. Pray that God leads you to the right priest. It will help you with this situation and the future. Yes, bring it up in confession. We do not have the right to needlessly pollute our mind, just like we are to never get drunk. We do not want to look like we are condoning something even if we don’t mean to condone something that is sinful.
CB

Okay, so since this could maybe be a sin, should I be in a rush to get to Confession?
I mean, if I’m not able to get there for 2 or 3 weeks, I would still be able to receive Communion in the meantime… correct?

Yes, you can still recieve communion. Remember, for a sin to be of grave matter, you have to know that it is grave, consent it and perpetrate it. You weren´t sure you were commiting a sin. Now that you know it wasn´t right, you should confess it the next time you confess.

[quote="Pekita, post:7, topic:288296"]
Yes, you can still recieve communion. Remember, for a sin to be of grave matter, you have to know that it is grave, consent it and perpetrate it. You weren´t sure you were commiting a sin. Now that you know it wasn´t right, you should confess it the next time you confess.

[/quote]

Okay, thanks!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.