Should I continue to be Catholic or change my denomination?

Hello, Hope I am doing this correctly. I have been having trouble with my faith recenlty ~ 6 months now. I have been raised a Roman Catholic and was taught to go to mass, holy days etc from birth. I am now 29 years old and married. My husband is Lutheran the ECLA branch I think. I previouslly was a Eucharistic Minister at my church before married and moving to another city. I have spoken with my deacon about the “issues” I am having with the Catholic faith. I still can not seem to either understand them or believe them. First issue is: I am doubting transubstantiation. Just because a MAN says a prayer and went to college for however many years, the bread is now Jesus. Secondly, I do not believe in abstaining from meat during lent, I feel this is another man-made rule and not necessary. Thirdly, why do I have to confess to a priest, God knows what I did and if I am sorry or not, I do not need a priest to forgive me my sins (which I don’t think half of my sins are even sins anyhow). Fourth, I believe priest should marry I understand it takes them away from the church, but maybe we wouldn’t have so many of the problems we are hearing about with children and priest. My question I guess is, if I do not believe in the above, am I still considered an active accepted Catholic? I have not been to mass in a couple weeks now and just do not know what to do. My mother is very upset and heart broken that I am questioning this, but I can not stop my thoughts. I have looked into Lutheranism and feel I am most “compatable” with them. Please help! Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou:confused:

The following links should help answer your questions about Catholicism. If you have any further questions, please contact Catholic Answers directly. We will keep you in our prayers.

Recommended Reading:

Transubstantiation for Beginners by Canon Francis J. Ripley
The Glory of Transubstantiation by Abbot Vonier

Why do Catholics practice abstinence?
Why should I fast?

Confession
The Fathers Know Best: Confessing to a Priest
%between%The Forgiveness of Sins

Celibacy and the Priesthood
Is priestly celibacy a dogma of the faith?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.