Should I convert?

First off I would like to say that I am not Catholic. My Father was a Baptist Pastor so most of my views started out lining up with them. As I have matured in my faith I find that I just don’t see eye to eye with them anymore. As an adult I have really loved the Calvary Chapel movement mostly because I find that the views on simply teaching the Bible are refreshing without adding in legalistic Protestantism. My wife and I are now having trouble with the “newness” of these churches. If the Word of God hasn’t changed then why are these random churches sprouting up all over. The ability of Protestant ministers to start a church whenever the want is very scary for both of us. My wife and I have been searching for a church home for years. I have recently been investigating the Catholic Church and surprising to me have seen scripture basis for much of the theology. I have read “Rome Sweet Home” by the Hahns as well as “Born Fundamentalist, Born again Catholic” by David Curie. I loved both of them.
I am not Catholic yet on these issues:
Mary-immaculate conception and sinless life
Transubstantiation- I see John 6 but maybe a different explanation would help me.
Any references you have would be great.

The following link should help answer your questions about becoming Catholic. If you have any further questions or concerns that are not answered by these links, please contact Catholic Answers directly.

**Recommended Reading:

Any advice on converting to Catholicism?**
Can you recommend a book on Catholicism for novices?
What is it that Catholics believe?
Introduction to Catholic religion.

Immaculate Conception and Assumption

Transubstantiation

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.