Should I date a Catholic who rejects Christ's teachings?

I am a 46 year old, divorced with an annulment, female. I have recently posted a profile on a catholic singles website. On this website, there are seven questions regarding whether or not you accept these particular teachings of the church. They ask “Do you accept the church’s teachings on the Eucharist, Contraception, Sanctity of Life, Papal Infallibility, Premarital Sex, Immaculate Conception, and Holy Orders.” The majority of the men on this site accept 5 of the seven. The ones rejected are contraception and premarital sex. Since I accept all of Christ’s teachings, it has been more than difficult to find a mutual partner even remotely interested. I suppose premarital sex is of great importance to these men and they they are not open life. My question is: In today’s world with premarital sex so widely accepted, do you recommend dating someone who rejects Christ’s teachings (are they still considered Catholic?) in hopes they’ll change because I am remaining chaste in my single life, or hold out for someone who accepts all of Christ’s teachings?

Dear friend,

If a man rejects his responsibility to be faithful to God’s requirements regarding sexuality, how could you trust him to be faithful in such matters to you? You would be foolish to rely on the hope that he would change his ways for you. You want a real man; a man who has the courage of his convictions. You are in our prayers.

Fr. Vincent Serpa, O.P.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.