Should I do this or not?

From what I understand many people will be going out to a night club on Easter Sunday, however this would be profaning the Holy Day Of Sunday and the Holy Day Of Easter Sunday. I am 18 years old and I have mentioned to a friend that he should not go, but I don't think he is going to follow my guidance and indeed I think he will go out to the place tomorrow. Should I personally message everyone on my facebook friends list who I think might go to this? I don't actually really speak to some of these people whom I think may be going to this place. Or should I put up a status on facebook and twitter urging people not to go. The problem is that it will be more than likely pointless as in reality, will anyone actually care about what I have to say, most of the people on my friends list are teenagers. I really don't know what to do.

In your position, I would respond with "I don't feel comfortable going to a night club on Easter Sunday, so I will not be joining you." That way you are getting your point across without being preachy or seeming judgmental. I hope that helps.

Lead by example, not facebook posts.

If anyone asks why you're not going (or after the fact, why you didn't go), tell them it's Easter. No further explanation needed.

There is nothing inherently wrong with going out for fun on Easter Sunday. Now, Catholics must go to Mass, and you should consider whether it would be better to spend it with family, and whether immoral things will be accepted at the nightclub, but especially if you have already spent some of Easter rejoicing with your parish community and your family, then by all means, go out and have fun with your friends. Sundays and solemnities we are bound to abstain from unnecessary servile work, not having fun. Easter is a time for rejoicing (and it's a long season, so there is a lot of rejoicing to do!)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.