Should i go to confession today?

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to decide if i should if i should go to confession today. I just went yesterday but shortly after i thought a sinful thought. I didn't dwell on it and i rejected it right away, but that wasn't until after I choose to think it. This is causing me some anxiety and i'm just not sure what to do. I have gone to confession two days in a row a number of times before and sometimes i think it was maybe the wrong decision. I have the option of going to a more regular confessor tomorrow but i don't know if i should wait. Any advice appreciated, thank you!

[quote="Christ_Conquers, post:1, topic:335155"]
Hey everyone,

I'm trying to decide if i should if i should go to confession today. I just went yesterday but shortly after i thought a sinful thought. I didn't dwell on it and i rejected it right away, but that wasn't until after I choose to think it. This is causing me some anxiety and i'm just not sure what to do. I have gone to confession two days in a row a number of times before and sometimes i think it was maybe the wrong decision. I have the option of going to a more regular confessor tomorrow but i don't know if i should wait. Any advice appreciated, thank you!

[/quote]

Sounds like you may be suffering from scruples. You rejected the impure thought right away and didn't dwell on it. Only you can say for sure whether you have sinned, but it sounds like it wasn't a sin.

I have an example for you. Bob takes his car through the car wash. Bob is so afraid of getting his car dirty again that he cannot enjoy the fact that it is clean at the moment. In fact, Bob locks his car up in the garage and takes the bus. Doesn't that completely defeat the purpose of having a nice clean car? Be careful you do not do this to yourself.

Something I learned as a boy in a Jesuit Parochial School over 60 years ago: When in doubt, Confess. Do not take a chance with your immortal soul!
Tomorrow, get to mass a little early and enter the Sacristy. Try to see the Priest before he begins to put on his vestments for Mass. I am sure he will be glad to hear your confession. Just make sure you make it short so as not to make him late for Mass.
God Bless.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.