Should I go to my sister's wedding?

My sister is not and has never been Catholic. She doesn’t know where she stands on faith, but wants to marry a man that is in the same boat as her. They are having a Unitarian Universalist do the ceremony in my mother’s back yard. My husband and 4 kids (6yrs and younger) are suppose to be going with me. Are we making a mistake? I see it as a civil wedding and rendering to Ceasar what is Ceasar’s. But I am emotionally involved and feel that my family is always getting less from us because of our faith, so I know that I am bias as to the answer that I want. I have some priests saying its fine and others saying is not ok for the kids and yet others that say none of us should be going…but none have given a good arguement.

Help!

The following links should assist you in understanding some guidelines for discerning whether to attend your son’s wedding. If you have any further questions or concerns that are not answered by these links, please contact Catholic Answers directly.

Recommended Reading:
[LIST]
*]
What are the rules for attending weddings?**
]* Why doesn’t the Church forbid Catholic attendance at invalid marriages?**
[/LIST]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.