Should I Move In With Five Strippers?

Alright, so I’m at work the other day (McDonald’s), working the graveyard shift (11PM to 7AM).

As you can probably guess, we get a lot of weirdos that drive-thru so late at nite. And this car comes by, with five strippers in it. (They just got off of work.) While they’re waiting for their food, we get into a short conversation, and, after telling me how cute I am (Who could blame them?), said they’re looking for a roomate, and gave me their phone-number!

!!!

Now, I’m 20 years old, and have been wanting independence from my parents for quite a few years. Now, these women are just strippers, Yeah, it’s sinful, but I have no reason to believe that these women are sexually loose, or that they are nudists (outsdie of business).

In my short acting career, I’ve known a few girls who get into stripping, thinking it’s a gateway into “the Business,” or just because they need the money (and believe me, it pays well).

I really doubt that these women want to continue stripping forever. Would it really be so bad moving in with them in an apartment (in my own separate bed, of course!), even taking the opportunity to work-in some apologetics/evangelization?

Or should I just continue to live with my parents, and put up with the shame of being a 20 year-old still living at home?

I don’t think my parents would mind my move terribly at all. My dad would probably think, “Way to go, son!” I dunno. Maybe as a temporary solution only? Rent can be pretty expensive down here in South Florida, and splitting a room 6-way is really tantalizing.

Should I even bother to call back, and inquire more into the details of the place? Or just not bother at all?

Sigh

Our Lord ate with prostitutes, and brought them into the fold. Could this be some sort of “mission” for myself? Would it be better for these girls if some other sleazebag moved in with them? I dunno . . .

:frowning:

Please, pray for me.

i don’t know…

would it be safe for your purity and chastity?

first, ask yourself again why you’re doing this. if you find even a shred of a doubtful intention in your heart, run away as fast as you can!!! don’t try to reason with concupiscience, it’s a quicksand.

second, if you are convinced of the absolute holiness and innocence of your intentions, ask yourself if you’re strong enough to face the temptations. you can be reasonably sure there will be temptations. strippers wouldn’t have any inhibitions in moving around in next to nothing within their own rooms, even if a guy is around. it’s not like they’re shy. besides, guys are the reason they are in business. if you don’t think you’re strong enough, run!!!

thirdly, if you think you’re strong enough, ask yourself if it is pride in one’s own strength. if there is the slightest suspicion that it is, run!!!

fourthly, ask yourself if jesus will be pleased with you putting you head into what is probably a lion’s mouth. if he won’t be pleased, run!!!

fifth, ask yourself if there is no other way to evangelise them. i mean, they gave you a phone number. what’s to stop you from calling them out someplace to talk? it would be much safer. if there are other ways to tell them about jesus… run!!!

in my opinion, RUN!!!:bigyikes: :bigyikes:

but if you think you’re definitely called to go that way, may god protect you where he leads you. if it’s not definitely god’s will that you move in with them, i’d say it’s too dangerous to go in there just for a lark, or to get away from home.

i hope this helped:tiphat:
justin:dancing:

I don’t think our Lord moved in with the prostitues!:eek:

He was the go and sin no more kind.

He wasn’t like "Hey your a prostitute I need a place to rest. Can I move in with you? Yeah its alright you continue to work for your pimp I’ll be quiet in the other room reading my Torah while your screaming your head off."
IF your stripper friends take thier work home with them it could be an occastion for sin and scandal. So your anwer from myself is,
Me thinks not.:tsktsk:

Actually if you can make this work for catholic evangelization tell me.
I might reconsider my vocation as a pimp so I can evangelize prostitutes.:rotfl:

Nice attempt, DV, as I said to my 18 yr old daughter when she wanted to move into a house with 8 or 9 boys & girls and only 3 bedrooms. If you are ready to be independent you already have your security deposit, 3 months rent and utility deposits saved up, you do your own laundry, buy and cook your own food. My bet is you’re hoping to move in with 5 housekeeper-laundress-cook-nursemaids. That must have been some conversation, now I know why the line moves so much slower at night.

My bet is you’re hoping to move in with 5 housekeeper-laundress-cook-nursemaids.

You talk like that’s a bad thing . . .

:o

Maybe I come from a different part of the world but this is either a joke or honey, you’ve been ‘had’. Five girls who are strippers get off of work and ‘hang’ together by going to MacDonald’s??? They are looking for a roommate??? Sweetheart, this is teenage male fantasy land!!! Tinkerbell landed a few years ago and turned in her wand!!!

Ditto to the mom who said if you want to move out, you’d better have the rent money ready, securityy deposit, etc, What is so shameful about living at home and being 20? Are you one of those kids who are ashamed to be seen with his parents? I think 95% of American kids are totally finacially dependant on their parents up to the age of 23!!! Those kids around you who are acting ‘independant’ are frauds!!! Most of them are getting at least some financial assistance from their parents if not total support.

If you are working at a late night drive thru, then you must be holding 2 jobs or going to school. My husband (who is Italian and likes to talk like the Godfather) says “First, you take care of business…” If you are holding down 2 jobs - terrific for you! But you need to get some job training, so that you can get a better job. Then, you’ll have financial security. Then, independance. If you are going to school, … take care of business! Finish school! Forget topless dancers and study. Sorry. No easy pass here.

[quote=Supermom]Maybe I come from a different part of the world but this is either a joke or honey, you’ve been ‘had’. Five girls who are strippers get off of work and ‘hang’ together by going to MacDonald’s??? They are looking for a roommate??? Sweetheart, this is teenage male fantasy land!!! Tinkerbell landed a few years ago and turned in her wand!!!
[/quote]

:rotfl: Supermom, you are killin me with laughter.

[quote=Maccabees]I don’t think our Lord moved in with the prostitues!:eek:

He was the go and sin no more kind.

He wasn’t like "Hey your a prostitute I need a place to rest. Can I move in with you? Yeah its alright you continue to work for your pimp I’ll be quiet in the other room reading my Torah while your screaming your head off."
IF your stripper friends take thier work home with them it could be an occastion for sin and scandal. So your anwer from myself is,
Me thinks not.:tsktsk:

Actually if you can make this work for catholic evangelization tell me.
I might reconsider my vocation as a pimp so I can evangelize prostitutes.:rotfl:
[/quote]

:rotfl: I don’t think there are many pimps trying to evangelize. You would have all the business.

[quote=DominvsVobiscvm]Alright, so I’m at work the other day (McDonald’s), working the graveyard shift (11PM to 7AM).

As you can probably guess, we get a lot of weirdos that drive-thru so late at nite. And this car comes by, with five strippers in it. (They just got off of work.) While they’re waiting for their food, we get into a short conversation, and, after telling me how cute I am (Who could blame them?), said they’re looking for a roomate, and gave me their phone-number!

!!!

Now, I’m 20 years old, and have been wanting independence from my parents for quite a few years. Now, these women are just strippers, Yeah, it’s sinful, but I have no reason to believe that these women are sexually loose, or that they are nudists (outsdie of business).

In my short acting career, I’ve known a few girls who get into stripping, thinking it’s a gateway into “the Business,” or just because they need the money (and believe me, it pays well).

I really doubt that these women want to continue stripping forever. Would it really be so bad moving in with them in an apartment (in my own separate bed, of course!), even taking the opportunity to work-in some apologetics/evangelization?

Or should I just continue to live with my parents, and put up with the shame of being a 20 year-old still living at home?

I don’t think my parents would mind my move terribly at all. My dad would probably think, “Way to go, son!” I dunno. Maybe as a temporary solution only? Rent can be pretty expensive down here in South Florida, and splitting a room 6-way is really tantalizing.

Should I even bother to call back, and inquire more into the details of the place? Or just not bother at all?

Sigh

Our Lord ate with prostitutes, and brought them into the fold. Could this be some sort of “mission” for myself? Would it be better for these girls if some other sleazebag moved in with them? I dunno . . .

:frowning:

Please, pray for me.
[/quote]

Flee for the hills :wave: it is unlikely your intentions are wholly pure :ehh: . By all means keep in touch with them and evangelise them over the phone

Didn’t kings used to use eunichs to tend to their harems? You might want to consider that a good qualification for someone evangelizing a bunch of hot chicks.

Alan

Why is there such pressure to move out? Becasue your 20? Stay home with your parents and be grateful. You shoudl use this advantage to save money and maybe gfet an education. There is no written law that says anyone living home after 18 is a loser. Forget these girls that you don’t even know, good luck!

Do you really want to live with women who have a “stripper mentality”? Think about that. Any women who respected her body and her sexuality would not exploit either. I don’t care how much she needed the money.

Trying to evangelize these women is noble of you and I would say “go for it”. But don’t live with them. I don’t believe for one minute that these are the only people in south Florida looking for a roommate. Maybe these girls have some guy friends that they could recommend to you for a roommate.

Besides…unless you had your own bathroom…sharing with five women would be brutal!!!

P.S. If I was a single female and wanted to date you and found out you were living with a bunch of strippers…what a turn off THAT would be.

Lots of strippers seem to have cocaine habits as well. Some proprietors even encourage it to create a need for them to continue working. Prostitution is also not uncommon, so you could well involve yourself in some serious criminal activities by living with them. Nor do I think that you would be helpful in assisting them. No one who doesn’t have serious psychological issues can do what they do for a living; that’s just the truth of it. The kinds of emotional problems that drive most strippers into this soul-destroying business are well beyond the level that can be helped by people who aren’t professionals.

If you are naive enough to think that you might be a good influence on them, you should remedy yourself of that misapprehension quickly. Their problems are far beyond your ability to help, particularly with the limited amount of life experience that you have. And with that out of the way, I can’t think of any legitimate reason you could possibly have for pursuing this course of action. Be thankful that your parents have given you a place to stay so that you don’t have to get involved with this sort of thing in order to stay off the streets.

Dude, if you can live with 5 female strippers an NOT fall into sin you need some medical help.

Regardless of you intentions, consider their intentions. 5 girls who openly admit they are strippers (this just may be a pick-up line), tell you you’re cute (buttering you up), and ask you to move in with them. They are NOT guarding their purity nor yours.

Read the Odessy by Homer. Pay particular attention to the island of the babes, oh what’s the word, dang! It slips my mind. Sirens! That’s it, Sirens! They ain’t good.

I think even considering this shows issues.

I looked at four different Act of Contrition prayers.

Here are lines from them.

I firmly resolve, with the help of Your grace, to sin no more and to avoid the near occasion of sin.

I firmly intend, with your help, to do penance, to sin no more, and to avoid whatever leads me to sin.

Help me to do penance, to do better, and to avoid anything that might lead me to sin.

I firmly resolve to forsake and flee from all sins, and to avoid the occasions of them, to confess, in bitterness of spirit, all those sins which I committed against Your divine goodness, and to Love You, O my God, for Your own sake, above all things and for ever.

Now can you honestly tell me that this would not be placing yourself in the near occasion of sin? can you tell me how even considering this has not placed you in the near occasion of sin?

Now after say that we must also realize that how we live is more of a witness than what we say. Can you really think that this sort of living arrangement would be a good witness?

I am stunned that you would even ask this question and/or consider this.

Supermom gives great advice. Hey, when I was 35, I moved back into my parents home for a year with my 2 boys. I was grateful they took me back in. Did that make me a loser? Nope - it made me very blessed!

The scenario of living with 5 women, whether they are strippers or not, sounds like a bit of a nightmare. Living with 5 hormonal women PMS - ing at any given point in a month - that’s just crazy talk!

[quote=jrabs]Hey, when I was 35, I moved back into my parents home for a year with my 2 boys. I was grateful they took me back in. Did that make me a loser? Nope - it made me very blessed!

[/quote]

I agree, people put too much into what other people think. If your parents let you live home it’s a blessing.

DV,

you’re asking for trouble.

Take a cold shower and throw the number away.

:slight_smile:

OK OK, take a lukewarm shower then :slight_smile:

Either which way, toss that phone number.

There’s enough minefields in life, no need to live in one.

Just questioning the fact that you want to move out tells me that you are not 100% certain.

Move out under other conditions, not because 5 strippers want a ‘boy toy’.

First, McDonald’s is not going to cut it as a means of support for yourself. (You mentioned that already, but it’s good to read it from someone else). If you want so badly to move out, you need to do it by yourself and close enough geographically to your parents’ home in case things do not work out.

The Prodigal Son come to mind here.
The young son wants to ‘see the world’ and took ‘his share’ with him. Life wasn’t fun for the young man and when he was ‘lower than the pigs’ (which was more than being ‘unclean’ in the Jewish culture). and came home to be with dad and the family.

Now if your ambitions are to ‘go out’ then pray extemely and for a long time. Don’t let those 20 year’s old hormones take control of your wants and desires.

I hope this helps!
Go with God!
Edwin

I’m thinking of starting a new thread called “Should I rub shards of glass into my eyeballs?”

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.