Should I only receive a blessing from a Priest during Communion?

When waiting in line at communion for a blessing , there was a priest on one side and a lay person (i think in white - i this a deacon?) on other side , both serving the sacrement of bread and wine to confirmed RC members , but as i am not yet confirmed (only christened) i am invited to be blessed , however i waited until the priest was available which held the service up briefly , was this correct , ie: should i wait to be blessed by the priest only not the lay person

Thank you

May God bless you on your journey Home! The following link should assist you in understanding the Church’s teaching regarding an extraordinary minister of Holy Communion (EMHC) giving a blessing in lieu of a Priest. If you have any further questions or concerns that are not answered by these links, please contact Catholic Answers directly.

Recommended Reading:
[LIST]
]
Can parents change lines during the Communion procession so their children can be blessed by the priest?
[/LIST]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.