Should I share this information with the bride?

I have a co-worker who is getting married in a few months. A few days ago I was looking at the local map of sexual predators in my area and found her fiancés name. I don’t know what to do. I am pretty sure that she doesn’t know, she is ultra conservative and I think this would be a deal breaker for her because they have been dating for about 10 years and according to her done nothing more then hold hands, and they don’t go on alone dates. I am so torn I want to tell her, I would want to know, but I don’t feel like I know her that well.

Hi,

You said that this is information that you would want to have if you were in her situation. It would be an act of kindness to let her know that someone with his name appears on the map you have. In fact, you might make a copy of it to give to her. It is possible that this is a case of two people with the same name. But it is also possible that her fiance is the person named on the map. She should be enabled to check it out.

Fr. Vincent Serpa, O.P.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.