Should I talk to my Angel, or directly to Jesus?

Good Afternoon -

I am a convert (born & raised Baptist, went thru RCIA & joined the Catholic Church in 2010) with a question about my Guardian Angel.

Just over the past month I have been drawn to this idea of Angels - I've started researching and reading everyday on my lunch hour - with a lot more reading ahead of me I'm sure! One thing I keep coming accross is the idea that our Angels carry our prayers and petitions to Heaven, and that we should speak to them and ask them for help in all things.

Here is my question tho...being raised Baptist I was always taught to speak directly to Jesus, and so I always have. All of these things that I hear other Catholics addressing to their Angels (protect me, guide me, give me the words, etc), I have always and without question addressed directly to Our Lord. Am I wrong in this? Is this akin to "jumping the chain of command"? or, have I been praying "Dear Lord", but talking to my Angel all along anyway?

The following link should help answer your question about talking to your guardian angel. If you have any further questions, please contact Catholic Answers directly.
Recommended Reading:**

How do I cultivate a relationship with my guardian angel?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.