Should I Visit a Protestant Faith Community?

First, I was born and raised in a protestant household. I attended baptist services where my uncle was the pastor. In my college years I came to find the truth in the Catholic Church. I am single, and the only Catholic member of my family.

Recently, I was invited, along with the rest of my family, by my uncle to “come to church, and have dinner afterwards.” Naturally, being in a 99% protestant family - everyone else wants to go! Honestly, I wouldn’t mind going either just to visit family and all. Especially since they were pretty supportive of my decision to become Catholic.

As far as I know there will be no communion - they hardly ever had it when I attended regularly. So, I was wondering:

If I attended the anticipation/vigil mass on Saturday evening - would it be okay to go visit his church Sunday morning?

I know I shouldn’t take communion there, but that shouldn’t be a problem anyways - would just be singing, scripture and preaching more than likely!

Thanks.

These links should give you the answers that you need. If you have any further questions or concerns that are not answered by this, please contact Catholic Answers directly.
**Recommended Reading:
[LIST]
*]Are non-denominational Bible studies ok for Catholics?
*]Is it okay to attend a Protestant Bible study?
*]Why can’t we evangelize at a Protestant Bible study?
*]Is it a sin to worship in other Christian churches?
[/LIST]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.