Should pregnant women receive the precious blood?

I have a question about receiving the Precious Blood when pregnant. I know that it is no longer wine, but it still has the physical properties of wine, doesn’t it? Is there a standard of what a pregnant woman should do? I feel like nothing bad could happen from receiving the Blood of Christ.

The properties of alcohol still remain even though the substance of the consecrated wine has been changed into the body, blood, soul, and divinity of Christ. In short, this means that drinking too much of the precious blood could make you drunk and that anyone with sensitivity to alcohol will continue to suffer the effects of that sensitivity if they receive the precious blood.

Pregnant women should consult with their doctor to find out if they should refrain from receiving the precious blood during their pregnancy. If their doctor advises that they do so, they may rest assured that they receive a full Communion even if they must do so under the form of the host alone.

Recommended reading:

What Happens at the Consecration by Karl Keating

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.