Should sins be forgiven?

I THINK NOT ! **

I say that perhaps a sinner who turns his or her life around for the better, should be forgiven.

But to forgive sins, is another story all together.

An eternal forgiving of sins will lead to total disaster.

But who am I to speak of such matters ?

outersecrets.com/real/biblecode2.htm

Not many Cathaholics would use the KJV.

Hello,

Is this about the forgiveness of sins or bible codes?

A sin is not forgiven if a person has no intention of turning away from committing the sin again.

Jesus told us that unless we forgive those who offend us our own sins will not be forgiven.

Hello,

What is wrong with forgiveness? Jesus died on the Cross for the forgiveness and redemption of our sins. One whole sacrament of the Church is all about forgiveness, and three others have forgiveness as part of them.

Hello,

How does the bible code have anything to do with forgiveness? The bible code itself is a hoax. They have shown that you can take a phone book (or any other text), and derive a code that shows startlingly accurate coincidences with current affairs and end times predictions.

The OP is not here to debate. Remember him from a while back. He simply wants you to go to his website and before it was blasphemous!!

I speak only the truth. The response is shocking, and sad.

Concerning sins, the point I am making is that there was an attempt on the go, to allow sins to be approved of by those who are not even aware that they approved of them.

Hence forgiveness of sins themselves rather than forgiveness of former sinners.

How does the bible code have anything to do with forgiveness? The bible code itself is a hoax. They have shown that you can take a phone book (or any other text), and derive a code that shows startlingly accurate coincidences with current affairs and end times predictions.

If you were Satan, would you convince many that the bible codes were just a hoax, such that future codes that were to be revealed were to be ignored ?

SOUNDTRUTH:

What is your belief? Do you believe in the Trinity? Is Jesus the second Person of the Trinity with the same authority as God the Father? Or do you believe something else?

Show me some documentation from the Bible or the Magisterium of the Church that proves that Bible codes exist. You cannot, because they do not.

Hello,

What does this even mean!?

What are you calling me Satan? Yeah, I better to get to work on convincing people that it is all a hoax, you know - bible codes, UFO’s, etc. :rolleyes:

The idea that we have to know these bible codes goes back to gnosticism and its insistence that only the initiated had the whole truth.

I didn’t read the link to your biblecode website- since it isn’t in your post topic, and I’m sure you had no intention of hijacking your own post, right? Right.

but to answer your stated topic question-

no, technically, none of our sins should be forgiven. Fortunately, God loves us and gratuitously forgives us of our sins-and He wants us to forgive others of the sins they commit against us.

So your question is a little duplicitous-
on the one hand, it seems that your question implies that you think that not only are we unworthy forgiveness (which I would agree with-we depend upon God’s grace for forgiveness) but that you would take that one step further by rejecting God’s forgiveness.

On the other hand, if your question is geared toward “forgiving sinners” rather than “forgiving sins,” well, all I can say is that you’re caught up in semantics. When you pay off a debt, you’re not actually paying “the debt” you’re paying the person to whom you owe the debt-nobody sees that as a semantic quandry. The usual way this is expressed is that we are forgiven our sins, or that we are forgiven of/for our sins.

Ok, I just can’t help myself on this one-I’m not baiting here, but I am just going to point out the logical fallacy of this argument. I’m sure the OP is aware of it, but just in case…

If you were Satan, would you convince many that the bible codes were NOT a hoax, such that these false “codes” could be passed along to future generations?

If you were Satan, would you by throwing doubt on God’s Word? I think that Satan did exactly that when it reinterpreted God’s instruction to Eve, and convinced her that God was just trying to hold her back by keeping that apple off limits.

Scripture is pretty clear that Satan uses the bible to confuse us, and that’s exactly what it did with the bible code. Your bible code is a repackaged form of modern gnosticism that teaches that God hid some kind of “secret knowledge” that will only be made available to the few who are lucky enough to figure it out.

If you were satan would you not convince people that sins dont need to be forgiven?

I for one am glad this guy’s account is now under review. I sure hope they throw him off soon.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.