Should we get married?

Hi
I would really apprechiate your take on this.When I was a child I had some experience of going to church and had a strong belief in God but as I got to a teenager I did’nt go to church or pray.I got into a relationship in my late teens and had my son.That relationship did’nt work out and he left me.6 months later I met my boyfriend and 3 years ago we had our Daughter.We have now been together for 6 years.Two years ago I became interested in the Catholic faith and since November we have been attending a Catholic church together.We are a very committed to each other but due to health reasons and anxiety neither of us our working although we are trying to change that!
I really would like for us to be married but is now the right time for us to be?I hope this makes sense.

You both are not working because of anxiety problems? That shouldn’t keep you from marriage. But you do need to discern if any of these problems are too severe to keep you of you partner from committing fully to your marriage. I would discuss this with your priest.
He can help you to answer these questions.
A good priest helped me come back into the Church and blessed my marriage. It was a great blessing to be back and to live in a Sacramental Marriage.

[quote="m_crane, post:2, topic:196805"]
You both are not working because of anxiety problems? That shouldn't keep you from marriage. But you do need to discern if any of these problems are too severe to keep you of you partner from committing fully to your marriage. I would discuss this with your priest.
He can help you to answer these questions.
A good priest helped me come back into the Church and blessed my marriage. It was a great blessing to be back and to live in a Sacramental Marriage.

[/quote]

Awesome advice!

It is only my boyfriend who has anxiety.We are not finacially stable at the moment would that make a difference in our decision in whether or not we should marry?I just want to be married don't want a big wedding or anything.Just us and close family would be great!!

To me, if you've made the committment to have a child together with this man then you've already decided that you'd be willing to enter in to marriage with him. Especially since you're raising two children and have been living together (I assume) for the majority of the six years that you've been together. While a lack of a job could be a reason to not get married, I don't think this reason is applicable to you. You've already created a family and are 'playing' at being married by acting as husband and wife with two kids. Now is the time to stop playing and step into reality and marry him.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.