should we Hail Mary? Protestant says No.

This video argues that we shouldn’t Hail Mary.

youtu.be/EJOPdU01cxo

The comments also trouble me.

Lately I have been in a spiritual fog. I’m scared of going to Hell for masturbating. I’m scared of going to Hell for being a Catholic who practices idolatry by saying the Hail Mary. Videos by Keith Thompson (the one who made the above video) attack Catholicism, saying it is antichrist. But then I’m also scared of going to Hell for leaving the Catholic faith, the one true Church established by Christ. I’m unsure.

I would consult a priest about this.

God does not want you to go to Hell, firstly. But who would want you to go there, and would try to sow confusion and discord in your heart so you abandon your faith?

I get so sad when I read anti-Catholic missives on the Internet. They’re usually poorly informed, and prey on people who are troubled.

God bless you and I hope you find peace.

As a Catholic, why would you let yourself be influenced by anti-Catholic sites.
Stop engaging these awful videos and turn to Jesus.
Make an appointment with your priest, soon.
Peace.

Keith Thompson should be scared of going to hell for attacking the one true Church Christ Himself founded and said the gates of hell would not prevail against.

He is totally and completely wrong. What this Protestant claims is absolutely false. It is only right and proper that we honor and pray to the Holy Mother of God to intercede for us. Of all humans who ever existed, She is closest to God as she bore him as a child. Why do you think we celebrate Christmas? Who was the Mother who brought Jesus into the world?

Well, recall the Bible said that ALL generations would call her blessed. These were the words of the Guardian Angel, who was relaying those words from GOD, himself!

The Hail Mary is based on scripture. Part of it was taken from the Angel Gabriel’s word, “Hail Full of Grace…” and another part was taken from another part of scripture where Elizabeth speaks to Mary.

I didn´t take the time to see the video above, but when we call the Blessed Virgin Mary, “Blessed”, each time, we are actually fulfilling scripture, quoting scripture.

Mary Christ Mass

feltmeanings23: With all due respect, you need to attend either an RCIA class or a Catholic’s Come Home program.

Get away from these poisonous anti-Catholic-Christians. You need only scratch the surface of these people to find serious issues with their interpretations of the faith.

and by all means, go talk to a good Holy priest about these issues.

and face this:

• Mary was so important to our Lord, that he gave her care to his most beloved disciple.
  • Mary was so important to our Lord, that he performed one of the first documented miracles at the wedding feast at her request.
  • Mary was so important to our Lord, that God the father sent an Angel, and not just any angel - an archangel, to bring her a message. Don’t know about you, however, not a lot of people in scripture have Angels talking to them, let alone archangels, and the ones that do are extremely important to God.
  • As others have pointed out, the Holy Rosary is a prayer about our Lord firmly rooted in scripture.

Our Holy Mother, she was of great importance to God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy spirit… and as such IMHO very much worth our respect and honor. Do I worship her, no, nor do I think she would desire/want me to, everything she did she pointed to her Son, and so I think it well worth following her example.

I ramble… an easy search on this site will turn up tons of support for Mary and holding her in high esteem.

Stop watching videos on the internet. Problem solved.

Read a book on gardening or take a cooking class or build a remote controlled model airplane or train to run a marathon instead.

Sometimes we are our own worst enemy.

-Tim-

:amen:

I’m going to go play with the toddler and his new toy train from his God-Mother… love having children… get to be a kid again for a little while and NOT worry about parents turning into zombies and bills and darkness… I get listen to God Laugh thru my baby-boy. :smiley:

I never understood this attack by non-Catholics. Fundamentalist Christians, for the most part, are well-versed in scripture, so I don’t understand why the “Hail, Mary” is such a stumbling block for them. It’s taken right of of the Gospel of Luke!

I can understand the dilemma that you are in. I used to question myself a lot, too. When you are in a spiritual dilemma, do not make it worse by watching anti-Catholic videos. That’s the equivalent of sitting outside in the freezing cold with wet hair and no jacket while you are sick. You just don’t do that.

A man walks into the doctor’s office and says, “It hurts when I do this.” The doctor replies, “Then don’t do that.”

• Henny Youngman

-Tim-

What do their edited bibles read though?

The comments also trouble me.See my comment over there.

The guy’s dead wrong and that has to be about the weakest excuse for apologetics I have ever seen. Did you notice that he makes a plug for you to buy his materials.:rolleyes: Not a chance!

Lately I have been in a spiritual fog. I’m scared of going to Hell for masturbating.

Then go to confession and then man up and stop. Two very important words Self Control. You’re a human being and not some animal that can’t even control where it drops trow.

I’m scared of going to Hell for being a Catholic who practices idolatry by saying the Hail Mary.

Already refuted it so get over it. Then again…exert some Self Discipline and don’t watch stupidity like that. Subscribe to the Vatican channel and EWTN’s channel and don’t waste time like that. Seriously…you can do better and at the same time gain greater assurance of your salvation.

Videos by Keith Thompson (the one who made the above video) attack Catholicism, saying it is antichrist. But then I’m also scared of going to Hell for leaving the Catholic faith, the one true Church established by Christ. I’m unsure.

Like I said, why do you even listen to people like this who are making money off their lies and misinformation.

Look at this from Fr. Serpa. Why do we say: “our life our sweetness and our hope”? --REVISITED

The real problem is, you’re mired down in mortal sin, AND you don’t know your faith. Both are deadly.
[LIST]
*]because Mortal sin kills sanctifying grace in the soul. THAT alone will put your soul in huge jeopardy of hell.
*]Being poorly catechised, also puts you in danger of being picked off by heretics like Keith Thompson .Romans 3:13 Ever see what Paul says about heretics?
[LIST]
*]Titus 3:10 “As for a man who is factious ( [FONT=Verdana]αρετικν[/FONT] heretic ), after admonishing him once or twice, have nothing more to do with him, 11 knowing that such a person is perverted and sinful; he is self-condemned.”
*]and in extension, what happens to you when you follow such a person
[/LIST]
[/LIST]

Does that mean you already left, or does it mean you are thinking of leaving?

I’m still Catholic, though in a state of sin.

No one seems to have actually addressed the video. Here is a comment by the Protestant Keith Thompson:

‘The archangel told Mary to hail (i.e., rejoice in the Greek). He didn’t “hail her” like Catholics do…’

Can someone address that?

That’s simply his interpretation of it. Who the hell is he?

Argue the argument. He made a video.

Who the hell is he?

A Protestant youtuber who makes many videos about Catholicism, atheism, etc. He is a Calvinist also.

The man is a heretic with views that differ from the Church and Her 2000 years. Why you’d even listen to such a person or give any credence whatsoever to what he has to say I have no idea. Just because he made a video and stated his opinion doesn’t give it any truth or value.

Which tells us about all we need to know. Having listened to more of him I can say he’s obviously well educated in lies, sadly more so than I’ve been educated in truth. I couldn’t debate him even though he’s wrong.

The man is a heretic well educated in lies with views that differ from the Church and Her 2000 years. Why you’d even listen to such a person or give any credence whatsoever to what he has to say I have no idea. Just because the man made a video and stated his opinion doesn’t give it any truth or value.

Which tells us about all we need to know.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.