Show Us Your Bible!

As the title says, show us your Bible!

Interesting? Worn out? Old? Rare? Blessed by the Pope?

You guys might get a kick out of this one. It is a Douay Old Testament with “Confraternity” New Testament - Prince of Peace Catholic Edition from Union Labor Memorial Bibles Inc. in Lancaster, OH circa 1963. They claim to be the only 100% unionized Bible manufacturer in existence.

It is a memorial Bible - would have been given as a gift in memory of someone deceased. I rescued this several years ago from the back room of an antique store on Long Island for eight dollars.

-Tim-

WOW! That is beautiful!

I picked a Douay-Contraternity Gregorian Edition Bible on e-bay the other day. It is just a beautiful Bible! I did a mini review of it (with photos) on www.catholicbiblesblog.com if you are interested in a few more details.

To the OP: What a beautiful Bible at such a great price. What a blessing!~
Mary.

Beautiful. I’ll let people click into your blog to see/read the rest.

-Tim-

I don’t have anything to match the beauty of your Bible, but I’m trying to make up for the lack of quality with quantity.

I think Christ is going to say to us, “You had all these Bibles and so you can’t claim ignorance.”

-Tim-

Fantastic looking Bible! Hope it brings you closer to God. God bless you

As I told Tim in another thread, I use the RSV-2CE:

ignatius.com/Mobile/Products/IB2-H/ignatius-bible-rsv-2nd-edition.aspx

Supplemented with my NABRE:

amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1935302590

It’s not my blog, but I post there frequently. :thumbsup:

This is my daily Bible:

http://forums.catholic.com/picture.php?albumid=1272&pictureid=11252

It’s a first edition Challoner Bible, Old and New Testament. The extra volume is an extra New Testament. All have been rebound reusing the original marbled calf boards and then housed in a leather box.

Here’s a link to my album here on CAF

I’d love to just hold those in my hands. Is there a history behind them? Did they belong to someone in your family or did you purchase them somewhere?

-Tim-

My Baronius Press Knox Bible rebound in goatskin:

Wow! That’s an impressive collection of books and Bibles you have! So far, all I have is a wish list. :wink:

I have dozens of Bibles, and I sometimes collect “antique” Bibles (I know, the 1950’s technically wasn’t that long ago).

This Bible I’m showing is a KJV Collins Bible from the 1940’s/1950’s (I’m not exactly sure of the date of this Bible). My father has a Collins Bible (KJV) that was given to him in the late 1960’s. I adore it greatly because it has photos of the Holy Land and a lot of interesting “Helps” at the end of the Bible; it’s also a self-pronouncing edition and is red-letter. I’ve been trying to find an exact copy of his online but I’ve only seen a few.

So, this one I purchased for $10 off of ebay. It’s not the same one as my father’s but it’s similar. It’s in very good condition but it’s not red-letter and includes different artwork. It is a real leather cover.

I have more “antique” Bibles I can post later.

i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab154/AccipiterX/Iphonepictures206600x800_zps28cfcddf.jpg

i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab154/AccipiterX/Iphonepictures210600x800_zps93fffd31.jpg

i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab154/AccipiterX/Iphonepictures213600x800_zps00b644cb.jpg

i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab154/AccipiterX/Iphonepictures214600x800_zpsba38fdf7.jpg

i859.photobucket.com/albums/ab154/AccipiterX/Iphonepictures216600x800_zpse5f812b9.jpg

Thanks! :smiley: Those are just some highlights. Anymore I can rarely find anything. The supply is just so extremely limited. :frowning:

LOL! Thanks! That was funny!

I’ve got a few, the “newest” one I’ve gotten is this Douay version of the old plus the Confraternity version of the new. I’d like to know more about this version if anyone has a link.

*sorry for the poor pictures, my hands aren’t very steady.

letusfindtruth.weebly.com/uploads/2/0/5/7/20577674/4072124_orig.jpg

letusfindtruth.weebly.com/uploads/2/0/5/7/20577674/2114906_orig.jpg

Who did the binding? Could you recommend them?

I guess I’ll look at your blog.

-Tim-

I wear these paperbacks out about every 5 years or so teaching Catechism.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.