Shroud of Turin: Child Confirms Authenticity

A young mother told me when her daughter was much younger, she got angry about not being allowed to go to MacDonald's because she was to attend a barbecue later. Mom didn't want her to spoil her appetite. The petulant girl said she was sorry she chose her as a mother. Her mom asked her what she meant, and she said Jesus had shown her many potential mothers and asked her to pick one. The child said she chose her mom and Jesus told her to hurry to make the connection. Years later, in watching a special on the Shroud of Turin, the reconstructed "Holy Face" was presented and the girl said, yes, it looked like Jesus, having seen Him when He asked her to pick her mom. "Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you." Her mom asked her if she remembered why she said that and recounted the whole incident. Just had to share.

You realize that most people won't be able to accept the story as confirmation?
Picking of future parents has no scriptural basis and isn't verifiable, nor is the story itself, even if true.
The scriptural quote refers to God knowing the person,
not the infant in the womb knowing anyone
so this is not scriptural confirmation of the story.

This is God speaking to Jeremiah.

"The word of the LORD came to me, saying,
Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
before you were born I set you apart;
I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.” Jeremiah 1:4-5

If the story helps you and the folk involved, that is good. :)

nordskoven, that aside, we don't know everything, and God says:
"As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:9
None of us can presume to know all that is true and not true, and what kind gifts God may give to someone and not others.
Quite often though, what we accept as revelations from God are not for all, but for the people intimately involved.
May God continue to deepen your faith and holiness, in whatever way He chooses.

This story reminds me of the book "Embracing the light". The concept is that we "pick" our lives, family, etc. Very dangerous book, imo.

I have to agree with Trishie on this..

[quote="nordskoven, post:1, topic:220715"]
A young mother told me when her daughter was much younger, she got angry about not being allowed to go to MacDonald's because she was to attend a barbecue later. Mom didn't want her to spoil her appetite. The petulant girl said she was sorry she chose her as a mother. Her mom asked her what she meant, and she said Jesus had shown her many potential mothers and asked her to pick one. The child said she chose her mom and Jesus told her to hurry to make the connection. Years later, in watching a special on the Shroud of Turin, the reconstructed "Holy Face" was presented and the girl said, yes, it looked like Jesus, having seen Him when He asked her to pick her mom. "Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you." Her mom asked her if she remembered why she said that and recounted the whole incident. Just had to share.

[/quote]

This is straight-up ridiculous.

closed #6

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.