Sickening. Just sickening

I'm sure many of y'all out there are also following the story of the abortion clinic in Philadelphia. If you've not heard the story, just google it... there are plenty of news reports. Warning though: it's very very awful. I read the first one, and started reading a new one today, and just couldn't go on anymore. It's so heinous. Just so wretched. And what I can't stop thinking is that even though the reports of these abortions are revolting, the truth is that every single abortion committed even in the cleanest and most "high class" abortion clinic is just as heinous and just as murderous. :(

May God have mercy on us...

Anyone else need a little virtual hug? :console: :o

Yeah, I had a hard time reading those articles... definitely sickening.
(((HUGS))) are in order... I don't like having those thoughts in my head. :(

[quote="Em_in_FL, post:2, topic:226479"]
Yeah, I had a hard time reading those articles... definitely sickening.
(((HUGS))) are in order... I don't like having those thoughts in my head. :(

[/quote]

Thanks, Em. :(

I heard the story on the radio yesterday on the ride home after picking DD1 up from preschool. I burst into tears. :(

At the beginning of the story, the reporter warned that what was to be described (in the story) was graphic and disturbing. I wanted to yell at the reporter and say "Yeah, that's what partial birth abortion is, don't you realize that?!?!" :mad: :crying:

I absolutely cannot understand how anyone could do that to a baby. It infuriates me that there are probably many people who are appalled by this story yet support abortion on demand for all 9 months and don't see their hypocrisy.

Jesus, help us. :crossrc:

If the main networks were to carry this story, I wonder how they would "slant" and from what angle they would tell the story. The viewers could come away from the story with a sense that it was done by a "Dirty" doctor with no real regard for the fact that these are living humans that were murdered. Too often the media and commercials portray pregnancy as an inconvenience or a disease that has to have a "medical procedure"to take care of it , like you are having a wart or tumor removed, you know... "it's no big deal, just go take care of it". These were murders as are all abortions, and I pray that this will open the eyes of "pro-murder" men and women to see the value of all human life and have a conversion to life.

I yield back my soapbox.

Paul

ps :grouphug:

[quote="Paul2274, post:5, topic:226479"]
If the main networks were to carry this story, I wonder how they would "slant" and from what angle they would tell the story. The viewers could come away from the story with a sense that it was done by a "Dirty" doctor with no real regard for the fact that these are living humans that were murdered.

[/quote]

The report I heard was via one of the main networks. It was as you say -- that the facility was terrible, etc. That's part of what makes me so mad -- killing is killing, whether the place is clean or not and I don't get why people don't see that! I really think there is a veil of evil over their minds and hearts because how can anyone think it is OK? :(

I think it's Father Pavone who says, "You can't practice vice virtuously."

What is the difference between this "doctor" and "doctor Tiller" ? I read an account of a 36 week baby "aborted' by Tiller. The little guy had Down syndrome.

We are moms here -- 36 weeks isn't even considered premature. My DD was born at 36 weeks.

I'm glad this story is out...it's so shocking it might knock some people off the fence about abortion.

This name is so familiar though...has anyone heard of him before?

[quote="Belle10, post:4, topic:226479"]
I absolutely cannot understand how anyone could do that to a baby. It infuriates me that there are probably many people who are appalled by this story yet support abortion on demand for all 9 months and don't see their hypocrisy.

[/quote]

Me too! The doctor was just doing exactly what the mother wanted in every abortion- killing her baby. The only difference was in this case the public had a clearer view of just how barbaric abortion really is, because instead of jabbing metal tools into the baby's neck to kill it while in the womb, he did it after they were born. I don't see how there is a difference. It's a murder regardless of whether it takes place inside the mother or 30 seconds later when the baby is pulled from the womb.

Imagine what eternity will be for the souls of these people if they don't repent.

Their work week included:

"Fetal remains filled bags, milk jugs, orange-juice cartons and even cat-food containers; some were stored in a refrigerator where staffers chilled their lunches."

"Because late-term abortions are complicated, (Dr.) Gosnell and his staffers induced labor, which resulted in "scores" of live births that led to the gruesome "snippings" of their spinal cords, the grand jury found."

"Although this allegedly occurred routinely, investigators could document the cases of only seven viable newborns killed in Gosnell's clinic. That's because Gosnell routinely destroyed his files, according to the grand-jury report."

"In one case, a staffer told grand jurors, Gosnell joked that the aborted baby was so big he could "walk me to the bus stop."

philly.com/philly/news/114261779.html?cmpid=15585797

:crying:

I think I'm going to throw up.

You know what's terrible? I want these people to be punished. The horror of abortion makes me not even care about their souls. Isn't that terrible? The Divine Mercy is a special devotion I love, and yet I don't want to show them mercy. :( God forgive me. :(

[quote="Belle10, post:10, topic:226479"]

You know what's terrible? I want these people to be punished. The horror of abortion makes me not even care about their souls. Isn't that terrible? The Divine Mercy is a special devotion I love, and yet I don't want to show them mercy. :( God forgive me. :(

[/quote]

I totally see your point.

God is both Mercy and Justice. I don't think it's wrong to want justice for these babies.

I was remembering the NICU staff......they were so caring and dedicated towards the babies....Those are Doctors....kermit is some type of assasin. :(:mad:

[quote="Belle10, post:10, topic:226479"]

[/quote]

I think this feeling falls under the category of "hunger/thirst for justice." To desire justice for a terrible act is healthy and what we're supposed to feel. It's not like we are planning on going down and taking revenge ourselves.

What a terrible story.

[quote="Mary_Gail_36, post:11, topic:226479"]
I totally see your point.

God is both Mercy and Justice. I don't think it's wrong to want justice for these babies.

I was remembering the NICU staff......they were so caring and dedicated towards the babies....Those are Doctors....kermit is some type of assasin. :(:mad:

[/quote]

[quote="Cyclone_Ranger, post:12, topic:226479"]
I think this feeling falls under the category of "hunger/thirst for justice." To desire justice for a terrible act is healthy and what we're supposed to feel. It's not like we are planning on going down and taking revenge ourselves.

What a terrible story.

[/quote]

Thank you for helping clarify what I'm feeling. I struggle with this on what seems like a daily basis. I know 2 people (I don't know them very well) who have had abortions and can't forgive them. I pray that I'll have the desire to forgive because I know it's the right thing to do and I should show mercy, but it's just so hard to actually do it. It just seems like an unforgivable thing. :(

I saw the story and a link on another thread here at CAF yesterday. It's a good reminder to all of us just how horrific abortion is.

Pope Benedict recently reminded us that as Catholics, we have a duty to pray about this, not only at that special vigil , but always - as long as abortion remains in our world.

What we are witnessing is a type of graphic prophetic realization of Blessed Mother Theresa's words that , "abortion is the greatest destroyer of peace in the world." In explanation of that statement Blessed Mother Theresa added, "If a mother can kill the child in her own womb, what's to stop me from killing you?"

It is going on 16 years ago that Pope John Paul II promulgated Evangelium Vitae... and before that he'd already indicated to us that we were living in the culture of death. To add a little context, we should remember that contraception leads to abortion and does much to foster the abortion mentality in society . We need to keep that in mind. It is clearly one of the heads of the beast.

It is helpful to recall that God is always able to draw good out of evil ; the** Cross **being our supreme example. I try to bring these life intentions to daily Mass and to offer them. I even prayed for the one responsible for those murders today.

We mustn't allow anything to interfere with or to keep us from praying for these intentions. Perhaps the more this particular set of atrocities is put in front of people's faces, the more they will be able to see through the lies that abortionists hide behind ... as a poster here at CAF on the other thread I was reading put it: ... where deciding who lives and who dies only becomes a matter of distance...a matter of inches.

For those who may not be familiar with the following stories, there are two links below :

1. On the Conversion of Belgrade's former Leading Abortionist (there are some graphic parts to it that are a little difficult, but it really speaks volumes on God's Mercy).

2. On a Catholic Vietnamise man who is singlehandedly taking abortion in his village by the horns and wrestling it into a corner using only two weapons : Prayer and Charity.

Please have a look at these stories if you aren't acquainted with them. They are proof that our prayers bear fruit and that , in turn, can reinvigorate our desire to pray for these particular intentions . We mustn't relinquish our ability to pray. The pope is counting on us, and there may be a little one in the womb somewhere counting on us too.

:)

One of the few stories that drew out both tears and rage at the same time for me...

[quote="Belle10, post:4, topic:226479"]

It infuriates me that there are probably many people who are appalled by this story yet support abortion on demand for all 9 months and don't see their hypocrisy.

[/quote]

I know. I heard about this yesterday on the radio on my way to pick up my daughter and all I could do was weep. It's amazing to hear the media vilify (and rightfully so) this monster, yet you would never hear this done with other "doctors" who perform these murders in more affluent, safer and cleaner areas of the city.

What is also disturbing is the fact that there is no talk about prosecuting the women or the guardians of these women, who had the abortions in the first place. I'm aware that perhaps their names were never given or recorded, but they seem to only be prosecuting the doctor, his wife and the staff.

The other sad thing is that I know people who have always been against late-term abortion, but still is fine with abortions done in the early stages of pregnancy. Perhaps this story may change some people's minds, but I fear that this will not be the case for most.

This story disturbed me so much. I just went to church to pray about it. When will people understand how wrong it is to kill a baby? Doesn't matter if it is in the womb or outside of it. Its still murder no matter what you call it. The crazy thing is that if this were a vet doing this to dogs or cats, the world would be in an uproar! God forbid we should be cruel to animals. Save the dolphins, whales, and everything else. What about save the HUMANS? We are likely to become the new endangered species! And what does our wonderful president have to say about all this....:mad:

Isn’t Obama in favour of late-term abortion? This is what he stands for, our wonderful president.

Hail to the Chief – NOT!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.