Sierra Nevada snowpack is biggest in 22 years ... and more is on the way

Sierra Nevada snowpack is biggest in 22 years … and more is on the way

Looks like California drought is over:

mercurynews.com/2017/02/01/sierra-nevada-snowpack-is-biggest-in-22-years-and-more-is-on-the-way/

Cancel the water emergency and proceed quickly to construct additional reservoirs and canals.

I’ll give 'em til july to squander their abundance…hopefully they won’t and it will lead to some good crops though! Tomatoes and Brussel Sprouts!

Hopefully they’ll develop some more ways of storing this abundant excess so they can avoid such severe drought conditions in the future.

so much for global warming. :smiley:

I’m in the desert part of the state, so I’ll keep praying for our section but this is nice news. :slight_smile:

In California? I live here, they’ve been avoiding building any additional infrastructure for years and this just takes the pressure off so they’ll continue putting off doing so.

We can’t afford water infrastructure we need to fund the Bullet Train, defense funds for illegal immigrants, pension funding (actually, they are significantly underfunded and need to be addressed, another thing we’ve been kind of ignoring) etc.

The abundance of snow is due to precipitation, not to a cooler climate. California always had enough cold weather. They just weren’t getting enough moisture until now. But, yeah, I should have noticed the :smiley:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.