*Sigh*. I guess I just won't learn.

I started RCIA classes in 2010 – didn’t continue, thought about it probably every single day for the past 2 years. Am signed up for this year, 2012 and will be starting in 3 more weeks (9/23). I am so dissappointed in myself for not just joining the Catholic church 2 years ago. I just really truly don’t believe I am getting the fullness of my faith in the Episcopal church. I actually went to a weekday mass today and afterward they did a devotion to Mary (Mother of Perpetual Help??) – and something in that REALLY resonated in me – like God was really letting me know that the decision I was making was the right one.

I don’t know if this is “right” to say – but I really thank the Episcopal Church for leading me a little closer to the Catholic church, and will probably continue to attend with my husband (although, he is now considering attending RCIA with me) – but I must say, I never felt this way when attending the Methodist churches or Baptist churches I attended as a teen as I do now attending a catholic mass – and that is without even taking communion.

Sorry to ramble. Just here to say – Here I go again! I WILL get it right this time!!! [BIBLEDRB][/BIBLEDRB]

YAY!!! So glad to hear you'll be joining our Catholic family :)

This is the same story with a lot of Anglican Converts. I myself am a former Anglican. Stick with it, and I pray God bless you!

With my prayers for your persistence. Joe K.

Hey, it could have been worse - 5 years or something :D

Some decisions are not easy to make and things take time. Well done for being willing to start RCIA this year. Welcome home!

Facetious -

My wife went through RCIA 1 1/2 times. The first time, after nearly completing it she was not ready. The second time occured two years later. While attending Mass with me she said she really wanted to join and resumed RCIA in January of that year. RCIA is a journey, faith is a journey and some people take a bit longer than others. The good news: she is so happy she did so and she is one terrific Catholic. Her previous church like yours, instilled a love for the Lord and the Catholic church has built upon that foundation. Congratulations.

Welcome Home! I hope your husband does decide to attend RCIA with you, and you can swim the Tiber together!

[quote="facetious5487, post:1, topic:297493"]
I started RCIA classes in 2010 -- didn't continue, thought about it probably every single day for the past 2 years. Am signed up for this year, 2012 and will be starting in 3 more weeks (9/23). I am so dissappointed in myself for not just joining the Catholic church 2 years ago. I just really truly don't believe I am getting the fullness of my faith in the Episcopal church. I actually went to a weekday mass today and afterward they did a devotion to Mary (Mother of Perpetual Help??) -- and something in that REALLY resonated in me -- like God was really letting me know that the decision I was making was the right one.

I don't know if this is "right" to say -- but I really thank the Episcopal Church for leading me a little closer to the Catholic church, and will probably continue to attend with my husband (although, he is now considering attending RCIA with me) -- but I must say, I never felt this way when attending the Methodist churches or Baptist churches I attended as a teen as I do now attending a catholic mass -- and that is without even taking communion.

Sorry to ramble. Just here to say -- Here I go again! I WILL get it right this time!!! [BIBLEDRB][/BIBLEDRB]

[/quote]

God bless you for taking this step in the right direction. How exciting! And it's not at all strange that you feel like the Episcopal Church helped lead you to Catholicism. I know of several converts who went from low-church Protestantism into the Catholic Church via the Anglican Communion.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.