Sign of the Son of Man

The sign of the Son of Man is the star. The one that the 3 wise men followed. This is the sign of his second coming. Pretty sure.

Maybe.

But then, there won’t be any need for wise guys to follow it to the Palestinian West Bank. This sign, whatever it may be, will be visible and understandable to everybody.

ICXC NIKA

I would rather think the sign of the Son of Man refers to him coming in His Glory, and to the Resurrection itself. It’s an allusion to Daniel 7 where it says:

I saw in the night visions,

and behold, with the clouds of heaven
there came one like a son of man,
and he came to the Ancient of Days
and was presented before him.
And to him was given dominion
and glory and kingdom,
that all peoples, nations, and languages
should serve him;
his dominion is an everlasting dominion,
which shall not pass away,
and his kingdom one
that shall not be destroyed.

Probably also refers to the coming judgement of Christ in the imminent future and at the parousia.

I believe that is a reference to what Stephen saw in Acts 7.

I see heaven open and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God.

I believe this too, but the question is, will everyone be able to see this? what about the one who have no faith, it was said these people could not see the miracles at Fatima, and also said when God places that special ‘thing’ in that spot (whatever it may be), he said a certain amount of people will not see it…???

Nope, everybody will see Jesus at the Second Coming. He won’t be hiding Himself from anybody.

Revelation 1:7 –

“Behold, He comes with the clouds. And every eye shall see Him, and also those who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth shall bewail themselves because of Him.”

Since the dead will be raised at the Second Coming, obviously those who directly crucified Jesus and who got Him crucified will be among those who see Him.

Revelation 20:12-13 –

“And I saw the dead, great and small, standing in the presence of the Throne, and the books were opened; and another book was opened, which is the book of life; and the dead were judged by those things which were written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and hell gave up their dead that were in them; and they were judged every one according to their works.”

There you go.

But, is that a literal description of the second coming?

Many other people say much of Revelations is not meant to be literal, so why would this be?

Like so many other verses, its tough to figure out what is literal and what is not, at least for me it is.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.