Sign on Baptist church

I was visiting my parents this weekend and drove past this small Baptist church with a sign out front that said: “People with no values have no value.” I was SHOCKED! That is NOT what Jesus taught at all! I was so offended that I threw my mom in the car and drove her down to see it too. She wrote a letter to the pastor and I am going to write one too. Who is this particular little church to judge??? I seriously doubt Jesus gave them the right to judge in His stead here on earth!

Yes, that is quite a sad thing to put on a marquee. Obviously it would be wrong to ascribe such a view to all Baptists.

Scott

Oh I agree. I definitely don’t think all Baptists are like that. My mom is an Independent Baptist so I know that it’s not the case. I know this particular church has a history of things like that though. I actually attended that church as a child before my parents left because of the “holier-than-the-rest-of-the-world” attitude.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.