Silent Retreats at Shellbourne?

Under my previous Identity here, I asked about silent retreats. While looking though the racks at my parish, I came across the silent retreats at Shellbourne Conference Center ran by Opus Dei.

This may be what I am looking for as a mid-year retreat to go with my annual silent retreat in Jan/Feb with Opus Sanctorum Angelorum.

I am wondering if anyone has been on a retreat there and what they think of the retreat.

I haven’t been to Shellbourne, but I have done many silent Opus Dei retreats. I can’t recommend it highly enough.

There will be approximately ten or fifteen half-hour meditations over the course of the retreat given in the chapel by the priest. In between times, there will be the Rosary, the Stations of the Cross, spiritual reading done together, opportunities for Confession, talks by lay directors of the retreat and plenty of quiet time. There will be Mass every day and Benediction before bed every night. During the delicious meals, there will be reading or listening to a recorded book. At the last meal, there will be talking, and everyone will be lively and animated and glad to get to know their fellow retreatants.

GO, you lucky person!

Betsy

I may just do that. I am checking to see if there is a retreat center closer. I also have the option of attending a second Opus Sanctorum Angelorum retreat in either Ohio or Michigan during the year.

I haven’t been to Shellbourne, either, but have attended numerous retreats outside of San Francisco and Boston.

Betsy said what I would like to have said, only better. :thumbsup: These are simply amazing retreats. I can’t recommend it enough. If you contact the retreat center early enough, perhaps they can help you connect up with someone else from your area to share the driving and gasoline cost.

Margaret

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.