Sin and asking for forgiveness before going to confession

my question is if a person makes mortal sin ,and can`t get to confession right away but truely ask God for forgivnes and have mercy on is soul ,but if that person should die before receiving confession does he go to hell or will God save him.

God are truely merciful, if your soul are in mortal sin and you’re planning to confess at the first opportunity then your sins are forgiven prior to the confession.
This means that if you die on your way to confession your sins are forgiven.
Remember that it’s impossible to lure God, He always know your soul. Even better than you do yourself. The only exception I can think of is if you’re delaying the confession on purpose without any good reason in particular then you’re not forgiven before you’ve confessed.

But I think it’s important for us to remember that we’re not the one to judge who goes to heaven or not. If a person commit a mortal sin without confessing it (or regretting it) we think that they wind up in hell, but we can’t really tell.

I think it’s important to think of Jesus as merciful just the way Sister Faustina saw him.

• Yours in Jesus and Mary
    MarianCatholic

thank you for your information it means allot thanks again

Yes it is possible that mortal sins be forgiven prior to confession (one would though still not receive Holy Communion).

Catechism:

1452 When it arises from a love by which God is loved above all else, contrition is called “perfect” (contrition of charity). Such contrition remits venial sins; it also obtains forgiveness of mortal sins if it includes the firm resolution to have recourse to sacramental confession as soon as possible.51

1453 The contrition called “imperfect” (or “attrition”) is also a gift of God, a prompting of the Holy Spirit. It is born of the consideration of sin’s ugliness or the fear of eternal damnation and the other penalties threatening the sinner (contrition of fear). Such a stirring of conscience can initiate an interior process which, under the prompting of grace, will be brought to completion by sacramental absolution. By itself however, imperfect contrition cannot obtain the forgiveness of grave sins, but it disposes one to obtain forgiveness in the sacrament of Penance.52

scborromeo.org/ccc/p2s2c2a4.htm#VII

Also note that the grace of “perfect contrition” can “co-exist” with other lesser motives.

Venial sins can be forgiven in many ways …including confession.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.