Sin and who is St Paul addressing

In the following three Scriptures teachings about sin is St Paul addressing followers of Jesus or gentiles? Is he tring to teach all that with certain sins one will not enter the Kingdom of Heaven or is he addressing only converts to Christianity in these Biblical texts?

1 Cor 6:9-10, “ Do you not know that the unjust will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators nor idolaters nor adulterers nor boy prostitutes nor practicing homosexuals nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor robbers will inherit the kingdom of God.

Gal 5:19-21, “Now the works of the flesh are obvious: immorality, impurity, licentiousness, idolatry, sorcery, hatreds, rivalry, jealousy, outbursts of fury, acts of selfishness, dissensions, factions, occasions of envy, drinking bouts, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.”

Eph 5:5-6, “Be sure of this, that no immoral or impure or greedy person, that is, an idolater, has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. Let no one deceive you with empty arguments, for because of these things the wrath of God is coming upon the disobedient.”

Paul is faithful to Jesus Christ, who taught that “If I had not come, and spoken to them, they would not have sin;”, so although Paul write his epistles to the Christians, Jesus speaks of those that sin are those that heard him. Even in the Old Testament the unjust went to Gehenna.

John 15
18 If the world hate you, know ye, that it hath hated me before you. 19 If you had been of the world, the world would love its own: but because you are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you. 20 Remember my word that I said to you: The servant is not greater than his master. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you: if they have kept my word, they will keep yours also. 21 But all these things they will do to you for my name’s sake: because they know not him who sent me. 22 If I had not come, and spoken to them, they would not have sin; but now they have no excuse for their sin. 23 He that hateth me, hateth my Father also. 24 If I had not done among them the works that no other man hath done, they would not have sin; but now they have both seen and hated both me and my Father. 25 But that the word may be fulfilled which is written in their law: They hated me without cause.

Hi, George!

The Epistles are letters to the various groups of Believers… they address issues that had developed after the conversion to Christianity. Sadly, even from Her inception the Church that Christ Founded has been plagued with issues ranging from simple misunderstandings to outright heresies. The Writing of the Apostles surfaced to help keep the Believers on the right trek.

Aside from a few instances we do not find many addresses to the noninitiate.

Maran atha!

Angel

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.