Sin is like a cloud?

Below is the first reading for today and as I read this and the daily reflection this morning, it reflected on the sin brought into the world by Adam’s disobedience and the grace given to us by Christ’s selfless act. It drew the comparison to the sun and the clouds. Showing that Jesus is like the sunshine, shining down upon us, always. Sin is like the clouds that keep us from enjoying all that the sunlight can bring us.

It got me thinking, what can I do in my life today to chase those clouds away, just for today? Maybe they move a bit, just enough to see a glimmer of sunshine. That lonesome ray shining through. Yet it could be that one ray of sunshine that gets me through today and, ulitmately, brings me closer to God in some way.

I am going to do my best to smile and greet everyone that I meet today. At work, or anywhere else that I am on this day. Maybe a smile is all someone needs?

What is one thing that you will do today to chase the clouds away?

Brothers and sisters: Through one man sin entered the world, and through sin, death, and thus death came to all men, inasmuch as all sinned.

If by that one person’s transgression the many died, how much more did the grace of God
and the gracious gift of the one man Jesus Christ overflow for the many. For if, by the transgression of the one, death came to reign through that one, how much more will those who receive the abundance of grace and the gift of justification come to reign in life through the one Jesus Christ. In conclusion, just as through one transgression condemnation came upon all, so, through one righteous act acquittal and life came to all.
For just as through the disobedience of one man the many were made sinners, so, through the obedience of the one the many will be made righteous. Where sin increased, grace overflowed all the more, so that, as sin reigned in death, grace also might reign through justification for eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 5:12, 15b, 17-19, 20b-21

Be sure to pray. Communion with the Thrice-Holy Lord is necessary to avoid sin.

Know thou that the people, even unto this day, have failed to unravel the hidden secrets of the Book. They imagine that Christ was excluded from His heaven in the days when He walked the earth, that He fell from the heights of His sublimity, and afterwards mounted to those reaches of the sky, to the heaven which does not exist at all, for it is but space. And they are waiting for Him to come down from there again, riding upon a cloud, and they imagine that there are clouds in that infinite space and that He will ride thereon and by that means He will descend. Whereas the truth is that a cloud is but vapor that riseth out of the earth, and it doth not come down from heaven. Rather, the cloud referred to in the Gospel is the human body, so called because the body preventeth him from beholding the Sun of Truth that shineth from the horizon of Christ. (‘Abdu’l-Bahá, SWA 167-8)

And now, with reference to His words: “And then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.” These words signify that in those days men will lament the loss of the Sun of the divine beauty, of the Moon of knowledge, and of the Stars of divine wisdom. Thereupon, they will behold the countenance of the promised One, the adored Beauty, descending from heaven and riding upon the clouds. By this is meant that the divine Beauty will be made manifest from the heaven of the will of God, and will appear in the form of the human temple.(Baha’u’llah, The Kitab-i-Iqan, p. 66)
Although the divine teachings are truth and reality, yet with the passage of time thick clouds envelop and obscure them. These clouds are imitations and superstitions; they are not the fundamentals. Then the Sun of Truth, the Word of God, arises again, shines forth once more in the glory of its power and disperses the enveloping darkness.

For a long time the divine precepts of the effulgent Word were obscured by clouds of superstition and error until Bahá’u’lláh appeared upon the horizon of humanity, rent the shadows, scattered the clouds and revealed anew the foundations of the teachings of God.
(Abdu’l-Baha, The Promulgation of Universal Peace, p. 61)

Sorry this is completely over my head. :shrug:

Dear Mirror, So you’re saying that you have had a say over 8,000 times and this is ‘over your head’?
What was your original thought about sin like a cloud?
Jesus is like the sunshine, shining down upon us, always. Sin is like the clouds that keep us from enjoying all that the sunlight can bring us.

When Christ returns, it will be like it always was. He will sift the hearts to see who yearns for Him and who doesn’t. Isn’t inability to recognize the Lord a sin? The obstacle we put in front of ourselves, when He walks among us, is thinking that He is limited, like us, when, in reality, He chose to take on physical life, and we didn’t.
We think he is like us, and our eyes are clouded by that idolotrous notion, and it occludes the light we could be getting from above. Yes, it is above our heads.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.