Sin of ommision??

In the diocese of London there is a policy, that i (since i am a minor) cannot be friends with a seminarian or Priest online or communicate with them VIA email and Facebook and etc., and i knew this, but i didnt tell this to a few friends who happened to be Priests and semiinarians as i didnt care, partially forgot and just wanted to have their companionship. I asked Fr (one of my facebook friends) if this was a mortal sin on my part and he told me not to sweat it basically as it was small, and i just went to confession, now what im asking:

Is this a mortal sin??

I am sure you’re not in great spiritual danger for forgetting, unless you repeatively do it on purpose. You confessed, so just remove Fr. from your Facebook Friends thingy mabob. Say a prayer to St. Jude to avoid forgetting about little things like that.You should be fine (you went to confession already… i’m assuming)

No. The rule is to protect them, primarily, from forming attachments to the world that would encumber their vow of obedience.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.