Sin to think nice thoughts about this girl?

Sooo, there's this girl. I find myself thinking a lot about her, and I think lots of positive thoughts about her. In class, sometimes I look at her for extended periods of time and admire her looks and her personality. Sometimes, during those extended periods of time, I say some quick prayers for her. Is thinking about her and looking at her a sin? Also, if I think about hugging her, is that a sin? How about if I think about taking walking with her, or if I think about walking with her, or if I think about holding hands with her?

Note: If my thoughts turn to sexual fantasies, I immediately say no to those thoughts.

P.S.: Did I break forum rules? If I did and I continued to break forum rules, that would be a venial sin, right?

focusequip.org/blog/posts/what-is-emotional-chastity.html

Hi
You have nothing to worry about as long as you keep on the path you’re on.
Men and women are made to be attractive to one another, physically and emotionally, and acknowledging this attraction is good and healthy. Don’t be ashamed because you feel mystified and protective towards her - that is wonderful and you are admirable for keeping your sexual desires in check.
You are committing no sin as long as you always regard her as a person with individual thoughts and feelings and never ever objectify her. After all, God made man and woman and said 'it was good" so stop worrying and treat her well

You MUST visit this blog----> chastity.com/
May God bless you and keep you in His loving care!!

As long as you are trying to avoid sexual thoughts (which, if you completely intended them would be serious) you seem to be fine. Your comment about fearing breaking forum rules and whether or not that would be a serious sin points to you be a little over worried about things. Accidentally breaking forum rules is no sin, as it is accidental and you cannot accidentally sin.

please get help from your pastor for your scrupulosity issues.

Wait, if I can objectify a girl by thinking about her a lot in order to get an emotional high, is that grave matter?

Objectifying someone and being attracted are not the same, I wonder if you are confused about the issue. Objectifying someone for personal pleasure is definitely wrong. You should probably talk to a priest, even though a face to face may be harder than posting on a forum. You, like me, probably suffer from scruples. With a priest's help, they may eventually go away.

[quote="Inquiringperson, post:7, topic:313554"]
Wait, if I can objectify a girl by thinking about her a lot in order to get an emotional high, is that grave matter?

[/quote]

You need to relax with a capital "R".

Inquiringperson, what you've described is very sweet and loving, especially the act of praying for this girl.

You are exhibiting all the signs of just and wholesome adoration for this girl.

And it's lovely.

Keep right on doing it, and I hope she reciprocates likewise as you sound like a very lovely person.

And you're certainly not sinning, not by what your describe, nor by asking the question.

Be at peace. :)

[quote="Inquiringperson, post:7, topic:313554"]

[/quote]

See post #6.

Stop fantasizing about her and get to know her as a person.

[quote="triumphguy, post:12, topic:313554"]
Stop fantasizing about her and get to know her as a person.

[/quote]

I already do.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.