Since God knows everything He must know our eternal

I have a question that I was pondering over in my mind…since God knows EVERYTHING, including the future, then He obviously knows us more than we know ourselves. Since He’s all knowing, He must then know our Salvation or damnation, right?

Hi Paris:

You must remember that while we are “in time”. . .that we experience temporal time as “past, present, and future”, God is NOT in time. He created time; therefore He cannot be in it. A Creator cannot be “in” a creation.

So God exists “out of time”. He doesn’t see linear time, “past, present, future” but rather an eternal “now” which had no beginning and will have no end.

While He does know us, and has a plan for each of us, and yes, He does know “all that will be”, you must also realize that He created each and every one of us with the desire that we choose Him. It is not He who rejects us, but we who choose to reject Him. It is His Will that each and every one of us be saved, and He sent His Son to save each and every one of us. . . if WE will have it so.

God bless.

Of course He knows our eternal destiny. But that doesn’t mean we can’t accept or reject it. It just means He already foresees that choice.

[quote=Tantum ergo]Hi Paris:

You must remember that while we are “in time”. . .that we experience temporal time as “past, present, and future”, God is NOT in time. He created time; therefore He cannot be in it. A Creator cannot be “in” a creation.

So God exists “out of time”. He doesn’t see linear time, “past, present, future” but rather an eternal “now” which had no beginning and will have no end.

While He does know us, and has a plan for each of us, and yes, He does know “all that will be”, you must also realize that He created each and every one of us with the desire that we choose Him. It is not He who rejects us, but we who choose to reject Him. It is His Will that each and every one of us be saved, and He sent His Son to save each and every one of us. . . if WE will have it so.

God bless.
[/quote]

Thank you for reminding me that God is not “in time!”:wink: I do forget that a lot:o . We obviously cannot grasp or understand His Ways but we can have hope and faith.

But I still don’t understand…if He knows someone is not going to Heaven, then He knew that before that person was even born, then, right? I don’t know what I’m saying! :hmmm: LOL!!!

closed #5

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.