Sinful ejaculation?

First of all, I want to apologize if I give too much detail, but I seriously need answers for this as I am confused and don’t know what do say in confession.

So I was sleeping, or rather half asleep, and I was masturbating. I am not sure if I was fully aware of it while I was doing it or not. I may have had a second or or two of realization about what I was doing, but as I said I am actually not sure.

Furthermore, I then fully woke up, and found myself that I was on my was to ejaculate. Now I had two choices as I was aware of: I could get out of bed even though I was drowsy to hinder it, which I most probably could have done, or I could just lay where I was and willfully let it happen. I chose the second option. Now, I know willfull masturbation is a mortal sin, but willfull ejaculation? What makes it worse is that I took pleasure in ejaculating.

Again, I am very sorry if I give too much detail, but I am not sure what to say to the priest in confession. I can’t just say I masturbated, because that wouldn’t necessarily tell the whole truth, would it? Also, I don’t know if it is a good idea to tell this whole story and give this much detail. I am scrupulous too so that doesn’t make this any easier for me either,

Thanks for your help.

wkek has his hands full on this one : "Now, I know willful masturbation is a mortal sin, but willful ejaculation? … I am not sure what to say to the priest in confession. I can’t just say I masturbated, because that wouldn’t necessarily tell the whole truth, would it? Also, I don’t know if it is a good idea to tell this whole story and give this much detail."

OK, this Thread is about the difference between stroking one’s penis … and having an orgasm.

So, wkek, you assume that any act of stroking your penis IS a Sin (whether or NOT you achieve an orgasm).
Since you have THAT worked out in your head, I will not discuss it further.

Now, you wonder if finishing up your sleepy Masturbation with an orgasm is also a Sin.
If you do NOT see the correlation between stroking your penis, and the act of orgasming at the end of it, I recommend that you make an appointment with a Priest (not at Confession), and discuss with HIM about the distinction between these 2 actions.

It might be better to not make a really big deal on this one. You can confess venial sins anyway so if you’re not sure you’re in sin chances are you aren’t. IMO if it were me I would just confess to a half asleep masturbation. :shrug: It really doesn’t have to be exact it’s your intent at confession anyway I would think.

Thanks for your help!

as you develop virtue and hollines - we are called to do so - such half-sleep/sleeping temptations will drop off.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.