Single Again for the Holidays

I am very blessed that I have moved back in with my parents especially since my wedding anniversary is December 6. However, I just have to say that quite a few of the people in our young adult group from Church have invited me to their homes and I have even gotten some invites from CAF people in the area. It goes to show you that above all we are One Holy, Apostolic, Catholic Church. Happy Thanksgiving, Happy Advent, Merry Christmas, God Bless Everyone.

Pax et Bonum,

So for any others single again for the holidays how are you handling it...

[quote="joandarc2008, post:1, topic:220618"]
I am very blessed that I have moved back in with my parents especially since my wedding anniversary is December 6. However, I just have to say that quite a few of the people in our young adult group from Church have invited me to their homes and I have even gotten some invites from CAF people in the area. It goes to show you that above all we are One Holy, Apostolic, Catholic Church. Happy Thanksgiving, Happy Advent, Merry Christmas, God Bless Everyone.

Pax et Bonum,

So for any others single again for the holidays how are you handling it...

[/quote]

Me? I'm working....so people who want to celebrate can.
(we don't really do much, however, most if not all of my friends are Christian, so we wind up going to at least one place to hand out gifts, etc.)
If I do any celebrating at all, it's pretty much on a secular level, it's not such a biggie for me...never really was, after I hit my teens...

[quote="phoenixrrt62, post:2, topic:220618"]
Me? I'm working....so people who want to celebrate can.
(we don't really do much, however, most if not all of my friends are Christian, so we wind up going to at least one place to hand out gifts, etc.)
If I do any celebrating at all, it's pretty much on a secular level, it's not such a biggie for me...never really was, after I hit my teens...

[/quote]

That is really selfless thing :)

By Single Again - I met those of us that are newly single due to divorce or death or break up or whatever.

This will be my first holiday season as a single person in a long time. I'm not looking forward to it but at least I will be able to spend time with my parents, sisters and their families.

On the plus side I will save money because my ex-girlfriend's birthday is December 25. That was always financially painful.

One thing I'm really not looking forward to is New Year's Eve. I guess I will give my dog a kiss at midnight? :(

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.