sinking

I don’t want to pray anymore.
I don’t want to go to mass anymore.
I don’t want to do God’s will anymore.
I don’t want to exist anymore.
I don’t even want to ask for help or prayers, but some sort of feeble inner voice tells me I ought to do so. Usually praying for others helps me greatly, however, I am finding it harder and harder to muster up the energy or will to do so. I’ll keep trying, but pray for me, will you? My heart just feels broken.

Buddy. I’m praying for you. You’ve totally been one of my heroes here. I don’t want you to feel spent like this. But I do know what it’s like. Sometimes I’ve felt drained like this. And all it’s taken has been a tap on the shoulder. From an unexpected friend.

So man this is me tapping. This is me telling you how much I’ve appreciated what you’ve done for me in the past. For me and others. In praying for our intentions. In just being that slice of stability.

So take a couple days or longer and rest. Relax. Take a deep breath. And then come back to us recharged.

I love you man. :hug1:

Peace Wild Thing. I’m here for you.

Your faithful friend,

Trident

I understand how you feel and feel it myself lately - especially today.
I know it is hard, but have faith - you have been so kind in your prayers for me and others. Your prayers have brought me great comfort even when I feel like giving up.
Know that we are praying for you as well.

Praying to the Holy Spirit to give you guidance, direction, strength, fortitude & wisdom in your time of need.

I love you. God Loves you infinitely. There is a reason for this. Trust in Jesus. Hope in His Mercy.

Ok dear friend. What happened?
Love, Clare

not wanting to pray is one thing and not wanting to exist is another. You sound depressed. Have you been experiencing this emptiness for a long time or just for today? Because if its been going on for a while I recommend looking up some ways to get out of a “rut” or at least figure out whats going on. It might be spiritual, it might even be associated with your physical health. Hang in there, I’ll pray for you

praying for you to feel better about life. I have been where you are and it is not fun. praying for you to see all the good things about you and how God created you as part of his plan. you are important.

Remembering you in my daily prayers. God bless, and hang in there.

You may feel like your sinking ,but Jesus know,s what your going threw ,sometimes we are tested too see if we can bear what comes before you,I feel like I was sinking, but I ask the Lord not too let my head fall below ,and drown, and the Lord came and held my head up and,now I,am doing much better.every give up in God ,God Loves you and will never abandoned you.,
God Be With You

Praying to the Holy Spirit that a fire is rekindled in you.
Amen.

Praying for you

continued prayers. hope you feel better.

Praying that the Lord may grant you strength and all the graces you need during this struggle.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen

Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary - full of grace,
The Lord is with thee,
Blessed art thou amongst women,
And blessed is the fruit of thy womb - Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners now,
And at the hour of our death. Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit,as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen

Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary - full of grace,
The Lord is with thee,
Blessed art thou amongst women,
And blessed is the fruit of thy womb - Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners now,
And at the hour of our death. Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit,as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen

Thank you for everyone who prayer for me- especially you, velvetsky. I appreciate them very much. I’m doing better now. I went to confession last Saturday and walked through the door of mercy. I suffer from severe depression and this time of year is the hardest for me. Please know I keep all of you in my heart and offer all my sufferings for those on CAF, especially those who also suffer from mental illnesses. God bless you all.

thanks for the update wild thing. I am glad you went to confession and went through the doors of mercy. I hate depression. Glad you are feeling better. God bless!

Glad you’re back in the saddle wild thing. Really glad to hear it.

Peace my friend.

-Trident

Dear Friend I send you warmest love bug hugs and prayers for you and your family.
You inspire me many times with your thoughtful prayers for others.
I pray Our Lord will bring you through this tough time…I have been where you are.Much love to you and God bless

Lord please place Your healing hand upon our friend and her family and help them.Please grant strength of faith to help wild thing.Thank You Lord for hearing our prayers Amen

Eternal God , in whom mercy is endless,
and the treasury of compassion inexhastible ,
look kindly upon us and increase Your mercy in us ,
that in difficult moments we might not despair
nor become despondent , but with great confidence ,
submit ourselves to Your Holy Will ,
which is love and mercy itself . Amen

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.