Sinless Jesus

This should be fairly easy:

Is there anything in scripture that explicitly says that Jesus lived without sin?

(I know it’s almost inconceivable that he would have sinned, but I’m just wondering where it’s written, that’s all. Thanks.)

Paul wrote in Hebrews that He was like us in all things except sin.

Hebrews 4:14-18

Well for starters you need to look at the requisites for the sacrifice that would redeem mankind.

The lamb has to be spotless, a perfect lamb in all respects.
That is what is required in the sacrifice offered so that the people of Israel could be spared from the Angel of death that took all the first born in the land of Egipt.

The blood of the lamb was used to sprinkle the lintel of the doors so that the Angel would not enter and spare the house.

Jesus is the lamb that shed his blood so that the Angel of death would spare our souls and allow us to enter in Heaven. Through His sacrifice he redeemed our sonship to God.

No spotless lamb, no sacrifice. No sacrifice, no hope. Our faith would be unfounded.

Well said :thumbsup::thumbsup:

To specifically address your question. Yes, see for example:

Peter, who knew Jesus well, declared that he “committed no sin, and no deceit was found in his mouth” (1 Peter 2:22). The apostle John tells us that “In him is no sin” (1 John 3:5) and Paul confirms for us that Jesus “had no sin” (2 Corinthians 5:21). Even Jesus himself asked those around him, “Can any of you prove me guilty of sin?” (John 8:46).

Cool. Thanks everyone.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.