Sinning between masses

Alright so, given that

"If we deliberately keep sinning, after receiving knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for our sins."

And given that, according to the Church (as I understand it), the next mass to occur acts to replace or refresh the now defunct sacrifice

And given that there is a time between any mass occurring worldwide, I believe the statistic is 8 minutes. What happens if one mortally sins, sincerely repents and dies between masses?

Do they go to hell?

How does that stack against both the doctrine that God always provides a man what he needs for his salvation?

I think I'd say that, while the Mass takes place temporally, its effects, being a matter of grace, are not strictly bound by the rules of space and time :)

[quote="Coemgenus_O, post:2, topic:305544"]
I think I'd say that, while the Mass takes place temporally, ...]

[/quote]

Actually it doesn't. Each mass is the re-presentation of the one and the same sacrifice of Christ on the cross. It is an eternal event drawn forth into time, but it is not temporal itself. Since it is the same timeless sacrifice, I see no reason to believe that it would not apply to those who repent and die between masses.

[quote="ThePuppyTurtle, post:1, topic:305544"]
Alright so, given that

"If we deliberately keep sinning, after receiving knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for our sins."

And given that, according to the Church (as I understand it), the next mass to occur acts to replace or refresh the now defunct sacrifice

And given that there is a time between any mass occurring worldwide, I believe the statistic is 8 minutes. What happens if one mortally sins, sincerely repents and dies between masses?

Do they go to hell?

How does that stack against both the doctrine that God always provides a man what he needs for his salvation?

[/quote]

Why do you bother yourself with such insanely complex scenarios? What benefit? :shrug:

I don't know that the frequency of the Mass has anything to do with this matter anyway...Did someone tell you this?

Anyway - The answer to this is ridiculously simple.

One who sins, repents and dies before they are able to get to confession with a priest, has the opportunity to confess to the one in who's place the priest acts. They stand before Christ Himself. Will Christ send to hell, one who comes to him in repentance?

Think about it.....

Peace
James

[quote="ThePuppyTurtle, post:1, topic:305544"]
Alright so, given that

Do they go to hell?

[/quote]

When a valid confession is made by someone out of Grace, Grace is restored to that person's soul so if they were to die in that state without ever getting to go to Mass again, they would go to Heaven or Purgatory.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.