Sinning is Fun. --a Christian's observation

https://lifeteen.com/blog/sinning-is-fun/

Temptation wants us to believe that if we just give in, we’ll have more fun, more pleasure, more satisfaction, this writer says.

Forgive me, but could you not have summarised the pertinent points from the article for us, rather than providing a link? I have a decent attention span, and I like to read, but frankly, the number of links to lengthy articles that I see here on CAF is discouraging in the extreme, to say nothing of the fact that I far prefer to hear other members’ thoughts and opinions rather than spending precious time slogging through yet another long blog post.

@mgdspence: Your title makes it sound as though Christians are claiming that sin is fun.

I totally agree -
In fact, I’ll say “ you took the words out of my mouth “

I don’t read any long diatribe anymore -

The fun of a forum - I feel -
is questions and replies -
And replies - to the replies - if that makes sense lol

Erm duh!

If sinning was painful or boring nobody would do it LOL

Being an unrepentant sinner is easy. To follow Christ takes great discipline, love and respect.

Well, Scripture does mention choosing not to enjoy “the pleasures of sin for a season”.

D

The previous poster said: “Forgive me, but could you not have summarised the pertinent points from the article for us, rather than providing a link? I have a decent attention span, and I like to read, but frankly, the number of links to lengthy articles that I see here on CAF is discouraging in the extreme, to say nothing of the fact that I far prefer to hear other members’ thoughts and opinions rather than spending precious time slogging through yet another long blog post.”

Original poster replies: Thanks for the criticism. I hadn’t thought this might be a problem. I’ll be careful from now on.

After reading the first replies, I added one quote from the article, at least.

Actually, that is Satan’s greatest lure. That sin will bring one pleasure, fulfillment, happiness, and all the other things one could desire. And in the VERY short run, it is generally true. But the long term repercussions are a horse of a different color. There is nothing really surprising about the thread’s title. Then again, I do remember somebody calling Satan, “the father of lies.”

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.