Sins affecting all others

I can’t recall now. I feel like I read, somewhere in the OT, a passage that insisted that if one sins, one sins against all living things.

This could also have been a dream or some other fiction of my imagination, or perhaps it was an argument someone was making. But for some reason I feel I read it at some point in the OT.

Is there such a saying? Does anyone recall it?

There are passages that speak of God giving life to all living creatures and having a covenant with all living creatures. For example:

But Moses and Aaron fell facedown and cried out, “O God, the God who gives breath to all living things, will you be angry with the entire assembly when only one man sins?”
(Numbers 16)

But I know of no mention of a sin against all living creatures. I suppose if someone created and used a weapon the completely destroyed earth, and all life here, then such a sin might qualify. But this seems, at present an idea that has more to do with science fiction than scientific fact.

A political or military leader starting a nuclear war might come as close as one can get to committing such a sin.

Sin messed up Creation.

Thanks, that's a good point.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.