Sins in Confession

I forgot to confess some sins so I confessed them again to another priest. But then I remembered that I didn't put in some details that could have changed it. Like, for one of them, my partner and I used someone else's item for a project so we could get started (we didn't use them like a pencil, but just for measurments and such) but what I forgot to mention was that we were graded by our participation in doing something. The other one was that I forgot to say I supported a sin. The last one was that my lust may have been rash judgement.

I was going tell my forgotten details to a priest (just a little while ago) but he said that it would not be trusting God's mercy so now I worry if I am despairing of God's mercy. Am I? Must I confess these little details next confession?

Thanks

[quote="RedDuke50, post:1, topic:290745"]
I forgot to confess some sins so I confessed them again to another priest. But then I remembered that I didn't put in some details that could have changed it. Like, for one of them, my partner and I used someone else's item for a project so we could get started (we didn't use them like a pencil, but just for measurments and such) but what I forgot to mention was that we were graded by our participation in doing something. The other one was that I forgot to say I supported a sin. The last one was that my lust may have been rash judgement.

I was going tell my forgotten details to a priest (just a little while ago) but he said that it would not be trusting God's mercy so now I worry if I am despairing of God's mercy. Am I? Must I confess these little details next confession?

Thanks

[/quote]

I definitely think you're being scrupulous..I don't see how using somone else's item to measure could be a sin?
But the one about supporting a sin, if it was venial it was forgiven anyway. And it would have been fine to mention the thing about the lust but I wouldn't stress about it. Don't worry. You've been forgiven.

**I was going tell my forgotten details to a priest (just a little while ago) but he said that it would not be trusting God's mercy **so now I worry if I am despairing of God's mercy. Am I? Must I confess these little details next confession?

Thanks

[/quote]

You have presented these details to a priest, so even though he decided not to hear them, they are absolved. I recommend that you follow his instructions, accept the absolution that he has given you, and don't think about them again.

Seriously, are you going to go to a THIRD confession, and begin by saying "I had some sins where I left out some details in confession. I tried to tell the details in my next confession, but the priest told me not to. Should I confess them now?".

Okay, thanks. But did I despair of God’s grace or mercy?

No :slight_smile:

Thank you. One last question, (sorry for being so scrupulous. I know it is hard on others.:() would it be different if the sin that I didn't say that I supported was a mortal one?

[quote="RedDuke50, post:6, topic:290745"]
Thank you. One last question, (sorry for being so scrupulous. I know it is hard on others.:() would it be different if the sin that I didn't say that I supported was a mortal one?

[/quote]

No.

As I responded in my first answer "You have presented these details to a priest,..".

That priest was your judge, not us.

[/quote]

And so I say to you, you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it. I will give you the keys to the kingdom of heaven. **Whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.**

[/quote]

He breathed on them and said to them “Receive the holy Spirit. Whose sins you forgive are forgiven them, and whose sins you retain are retained.”

[/quote]

If you purposely omitted it, the yes, a mortal sin. If you forgot to mention it. Don't worry, it's forgiven.

Just bring it up in your next confession, but you can still accept Communion.

Thanks

[/quote]

According to the doctrines of the Church, when you confess -all the sins that you remember,- in -sincere repentance,- you are forgiven -all of your sins absolutely.- No further confession is required, until one has committed further sins.

If you really want to do something further after that, read the scriptures for about half an hour with the intent to benefit spiritually from them. From what I understand, there's a pretty strong indulgence connected with that.

Thanks everyone! It is a real big worry off of me.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.