Sister Carol Keehan Gives Catholic HS Speech Despite Pro-Abortion Bill Support

Sister Carol Keehan Gives Catholic HS Speech Despite Pro-Abortion Bill Support

by Steven Ertelt
LifeNews.com Editor
June 7, 2010

Email RSS Print

Washington, DC (LifeNews.com) -- Sister Carol Keehan, the head of the Catholic Health Association, gave the commencement speech this weekend before graduating seniors at Gonzaga College High School in Washington even though the CHA's support for the pro-abortion health care bill likely enabled its passage.

Keehan's eleventh-hour endorsement of the bill and false pronouncement that it did not contain abortion funding, gave political cover to some pro-life Democrats who wanted to support the bill but worried of running afoul of pro-life groups and the Catholic bishops.

She earned one of the 21 pens President Barack Obama used to sign the pro-abortion health care bill into law and her decision also earned her the commencement slot at the DC-based Catholic high school.

lifenews.com/state5161.html

Many Jesuit schools and Universities sadden me.
The Jesuits need to clean house, or not call their educational institutions Catholic.

Just like Notre Dame does.

All Catholic Universities are not Catholic.
If you are going to spend dollars for a private CATHOLIC School/University, pay attention or you will not get what you are paying for.

[quote="WatchingMedia, post:2, topic:201071"]
Many Jesuit schools and Universities sadden me.
The Jesuits need to clean house, or not call their educational institutions Catholic.

Just like Notre Dame does.

All Catholic Universities are not Catholic.
If you are going to spend dollars for a private CATHOLIC School/University, pay attention or you will not get what you are paying for.

[/quote]

Don't even ask my parish priests what he thinks of Jesuits.God's Storm Troopers-ha!

Fordham...Georgetown...Boston College....Holy Cross.......etc......are all disgraceful calling themselves Catholic.......However....none should be more ashamed than Notre Dame....Imagine....OUR LADY's University......bestowing honors on a radical abortion president....Disgusting.........Rome should just rename the place the University of South Bend and let the place rot....

Throw in Marquette, my alma mater as well.

A famous quote by that renowned opossum Pogo, I think, suits the church in the US:

"We have met the enemy and he is us."

[quote="Bob_Aliano, post:6, topic:201071"]
A famous quote by that renowned opossum Pogo, I think, suits the church in the US:

"We have met the enemy and he is us."

[/quote]

Perhaps when the investigators finish up with the women they call nuns they can strip the Catholic appelate from these universities. Out of the mouths of opossums and babes.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.