Sisterhood of patriots

www.asamom.org

This is an activist group consisting of censervative moms who are concerned about parental rights, frustrated with the current govt. and the loss of our countrys heritage.
This was featured on the Glenn Beck show. Since Wed the members have increased to almost 25, 000. Please consider joining this group, as mothers are a force to be reckoned with.

I believe in limited government. I will join a group like this as soon as these mothers wake up and realize that they need to stop supporting our bloated and corrupt military industrial complex. Conservatives allow themselves to be blinded by their knee-jerk patriotism and willingly send their sons and daughters off to be slaughtered in our corrupt wars. If this group decides to oppose expansion of the war in Afghanistan, I will join them. (And by the way, I understand that the terrorists want to cut off our heads, but we don’t defend ourselves or fight terrorism in any kind of a way that makes sense. Searching grandmothers at the airports? Leaving our ports largely unsecure? Etc, etc.)

libertyisawoman.blogspot.com/search/label/War

I read your blog. It is very nice, and I liked it a lot. I enjoyed that moving speech from the broadcast about
our little boys. It certainly gives some food for thought. And also helps us to remember again the greatest sacrifice involving an Only Son, and where we would be without it. I absolutely agree with the absurdity of searching grandmothers and the etc. I will ponder it and would love to discuss it some more with you. Perhaps I will comment on your blog after some time to give it more thought.
:slight_smile:
But, check out the site. I think you may be surprised to find many like minded individuals. Not everyone agrees on everything. But we are united in a desperate attempt to save America for our children. Not everyone is in the same place at the same time, Danielle, but a love for our children and a love for America is a great place to get the ball rolling for productive communication and hopefully some action, correct? Their forums are pretty active already. Start a thread there, and see what happens. I’ll discuss it with you there too. Anyway, read over the 9 principles and 12 values and see if you can’t agree with most, if not all of them. It is only required to agree with 6 of the 9 principles to be a member.:wink:

I am not a mom. That is mostly because I am already a dad. However, despite this disability, I wholeheartedly support this group.

I believe this organization may be absolutely critical to helping to strengthen the slipping grasp on freedom, true liberty, morality and authentic family values for Americans.

Moms, you have my prayerful support.

Thank you so much. Our membership is up to 30,000 now and climbing. :slight_smile:

I am surprised. I thought there would be more takers.

Please mamas, if ANYONE here is a mom, is concerned about the current trend of govt, and what this will mean for our children’s future … we need you. We are organinzing a rally in DC … called MOM4America.

Even if you can’t walk and don’t want to discuss the issues, please consider becoming a member to boost our membership numbers, and spread the word. This is going to be HUGE. It is still in it’s infant stages and already over 30,000 members.

I for one am tired of feeling that as a stay at home homeschooling mom, that my voice doesn’t carry enough weight. it’s time to stand up and be counted mothers AND grandmothers.

I will post in parenting too.

Ana I was trying to look through your site but every tab I click it tells me I have to sign in…it makes it hard to find out more info.

Thank you for your kind words about my blog. :slight_smile: I am familiar with the 9 principles and 12 values… I watch Glenn Beck regularly and saw the program that inspired this website! I agree with Glenn Beck on many things, but I am frustrated with the blind unquestioning by conservatives of our foreign policy and instinctive support for military action. I will consider joining the group, but I wish Christians would wake up! The Jews were looking for a warrior king, Jesus’ disciple cut off the ear of one of the soldiers coming to arrest him… God’s people keep looking for combat, but that is not the way of the Prince of Peace! I don’t believe that most of the U.S.'s military actions have met the criterea of Just War theory. Keep in mind, the Vatican wasn’t overly pleased when we went into Iraq.

Honestly, the analogy of Mary giving up her Son to the cross and mothers giving their children to the military bothers me. It is not a good analogy if the wars are unjust.

I have been pondering what I need to do as a mother; but, I don’t want to join a group with which I have some very fundamental disagreements. I will think about it, though.

Shanny, I will bring that up with the site admin. It makes sense people would like to have the opportunity to find out more info before deciding to become a member. This is a brand new site, so they’re kind of winging it.:slight_smile:

Danielle, I can hear your frustration. I probably should not have used the word conservative, though it would be a lie to say that there aren’t many there. i myself, affiliate myself with neither party, with a slight leaning towards libertarian. But I agree with the core focus of the group. To preserve the America’s freedoms for our children’s future. I think that regardless of personal positions on the war, many many mom’s would agree with that, and it is this agreement that the members are uniting under. I don’t think that your anti-war sentiment will be comromised in any way by join with these women. But of course, it is your free choice to join or not. Or even to join, decide it’s not right for you and withdraw your membership.

I will consider joining the group, but I wish Christians would wake up! The Jews were looking for a warrior king, Jesus’ disciple cut off the ear of one of the soldiers coming to arrest him… God’s people keep looking for combat, but that is not the way of the Prince of Peace! I don’t believe that most of the U.S.'s military actions have met the criterea of Just War theory. Keep in mind, the Vatican wasn’t overly pleased when we went into Iraq.

I agree with this, but honestly I haven’t really given this topic very much thought, as clearly you have. But like a hound dog that picks up a scent. I am now committed to discovering where it will lead me.lol

Honestly, the analogy of Mary giving up her Son to the cross and mothers giving their children to the military bothers me. It is not a good analogy if the wars are unjust.

Oh dear, that wasn’t an analogy. I was just saying that it “reminded” me of Mary because well, … It did. Don’t fault me for where my brain takes me.:smiley:

I have been pondering what I need to do as a mother; but, I don’t want to join a group with which I have some very fundamental disagreements. I will think about it, though.

I wouldn’t join a group with which I had fundamental disagreements either. Do you agree with the 9 principles and 12 values? Cause that is what the fundamentals are. And you only have to agreewith 6 of the 9. There is nothing mentioned about the military in any of those. And as I said you might be surprised to find some like minded individuals as you on that topic, even if some disagree it is not the banner we are uniting under. Anyway, think about it … :slight_smile:

Amen! I’m not a women or a mom but I’ll speak for my wife who is standing here and she would steer clear… no let me rephrase that, she would RUN away form anything supported by or on the Glenn Beck show. We have tried to watch a couple of times but he continually brings on fringe groups and gets his viewers worked out over nothing because he conveniently leaves out a lot of facts.

Example - the ACORN show where he showed the lady that killed her husband, too bad her husband was still alive. Why isn’t he off the air for these lies like Dan Rather? or the stuff about the kids singing about Obama? How nice that he left out they sang about other Presidents and people (President’s Day and Black History Month) at the same show but Fox News sure could get people worked out and angry about those lies couldn’t they. I noticed they didn’t show the video where a bunch of children were praising GWB after Katrina… and no that one was not about anyone else.

Our family isn’t into hate… nor are we into fabricated stories. Some things we don’t like about the current administration ARE true which indeed upset us… but most of it is not and I don’t believe in getting angry or all worked up until I can verify from more than 1 source.

I long for the days, pre 1995 I believe it was passed, where people presenting things as “news” actually had to be able to back up their stories on TV and Radio. The Nation has become more and more divided by the lies, from both sides, since. If we keep this up we are truly headed for serious issues.

The left nor the right makes this nation strong… it’s the middle with the ability to look into each camp’s rhretoric and pull the best from both that has kept America great.

Joe

PS - We have 4 sons, age 8 months to 6 years so yes we are Parents and seriously concerned about our nations future and that of our sons… our main concerns though are the far right rhetoric and misinformation being spread by numerous fringe groups than we are about anything the left has done (except in regards to abortion).

Well, that’s the beauty of things … she has the choice, to like or not like anyone. I personally, can only take Glenn Beck in small doses. Not that I disagree with him, or dislike him I just simply can only take him in small doses. lol As for leaving out facts, he’s not a newscaster but a commentator and I’ll give him some leeway of fallibility.

Example - the ACORN show where he showed the lady that killed her husband, too bad her husband was still alive. Why isn’t he off the air for these lies like Dan Rather?

Bad example… How is showing a video a lie? If the woman didn’t kill her husband, then the woman is the one that told the lie. Seriously, make sense.

or the stuff about the kids singing about Obama? How nice that he left out they sang about other Presidents and people (President’s Day and Black History Month)

Source?

I noticed they didn’t show the video where a bunch of children were praising GWB after Katrina… and no that one was not about anyone else.

That was at the White House with the consent of the parents. BIG difference.

Our family isn’t into hate… nor are we into fabricated stories. Some things we don’t like about the current administration ARE true which indeed upset us… but most of it is not and I don’t believe in getting angry or all worked up until I can verify from more than 1 source.

Then don’t.

I long for the days, pre 1995 I believe it was passed, where people presenting things as “news” actually had to be able to back up their stories on TV and Radio.

Again, Glenn Beck is a commentator. As for news, at least FOX covers the stories… cough … Van Jones … cough … ACORN … I could go on but my throat hurts. lol

The Nation has become more and more divided by the lies, from both sides, since. If we keep this up we are truly headed for serious issues
The left nor the right makes this nation strong… it’s the middle with the ability to look into each camp’s rhretoric and pull the best from both that has kept America great.

I agree, Joe. God bless.:slight_smile:

PS - We have 4 sons, age 8 months to 6 years so yes we are Parents and seriously concerned about our nations future and that of our sons… our main concerns though are the far right rhetoric and misinformation being spread by numerous fringe groups than we are about anything the left has done (except in regards to abortion).

Well, if you are MORE concerned with exposing the lies of the right then about the future nation your children will be inheriting, that is your choice. But if you can put your own prejusdices aside and look beyond labels, I think we can agree that we want the same thing … a better America for our children.:slight_smile:

So, which of the 9 principles and 12 values did you and your wife disagree with, or is it only that this group was highlighted on the Glenn Beck Show, that you umm… “don’t hate?”

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.