Sisters servants of our lady of Matara

Is there any one out there who knows well this community? I'm thinking of joining them but I would like to hear from any one who have any information which might be of help.
Thanx

Sorry I meant SERVANTS OF OUR LORD AND VIRGIN OF MATARA

all I could say is that the Sisters receive the best formation i've ever known. They are very prayerful and they know theology, if I could say, expertly. They are very cheerful, humble, and the religious names that the sisters receive is very unique. They take Mary's name and title as their name, like Sr. Mary of Incarnation.

To know better, visit one of their convents, join in their apostolates. They are very friendly and hospitable.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'll be praying for your vocation.

Thomas

Are you in the US? The Sisters have their American novitiate in the Washington, DC area. They often are clothed in the habit and make their professions at the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in Washington.

There is a contemplative monastery in Brooklyn, NY, and active convents in Connecticut and California (go figure with that state :o ) .

They seem to be a wonderful group of Sisters-many young vocations.

[quote="densline, post:1, topic:218528"]
Is there any one out there who knows well this community? I'm thinking of joining them but I would like to hear from any one who have any information which might be of help.
Thanx

[/quote]

I know them pretty well - in fact I have two good friends (well, one has been accepted but is postponing her entrance until she can pay off her student loans) who are in the community. Plus I went to World Youth Day with them - which was awesome! They are a community full of joy and burning with love for the Lord and the Blessed Mother. They are orthodox and do much good work for Holy Mother Church.

Standard caveat: the nature of religious life (i.e. specific charisms) makes it impossible to recommend any community to anyone and everyone; this community might not be the right one for you. But my experience with them has been great, and I would strongly encourage you to visit them or talk to them or whatever... I don't know where you live, but I think they have communities in DC, NY, and CA... Their website is ssvmusa.org.

Thanks all for the information. I appreciate!

Well I live in the Scandinavian but they have invited me to visit their generate in Italy.

So many things draw me to them but I don't understand their Charism well so If I go to Italy, It will be such a wonderful opportunity to learn it.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.